Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
envy 7130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP

at the beginning of the week I got the reinstall black cartridge error and the printer wont print.  I have run through all of the help which talks about hard reset and cleaning the contacts etc but nothing has fixed it.  According to my account the last cartridge shipment to me was exactly 1 year ago from when I got the error [5th October 2018].  I am stuck.  what can I do?  confusingly the printer says it is out of warranty, which it is, but the purchase date is much later than you have on the system.  so in actually fact the printer is only about 2 months out of warranty and not 6 like you report.  in any case I would have expected a printer to work for longer than 14months.  

I waited all week to chat with you on a Saturday because the website said that chat was available today but Saturday has come and it now says there is no chat.  So like others have said getting hold of anyone is problematic.  there is no email, no chat and the phone is only open working hours so I would suspect most of us would be at work and away from the printer.  it isn't really good enough to be honest.

can you suggest what I should do next please.

many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not that is helps you but I have the same issue. Colour cartridge is causing 'Cartridge Error' message, I can't print anything and the virtual agent appears to be the only way to get support. Virtual agent eventually allows me to talk to a 'real agent' but they are not available... 🤦‍♂️

Catch 22 as the printer says it's online in the Instant Ink online portal but is also saying that it cannot communicate with it. Therefore it doesn't see there is a fault.

I suspect that HP would have no issue contacting me if I stopped my direct debit for Instant Ink... 😉

HP Recommended

@Matthew34 I've done some searching on the forum and found out that many have had success by contacting HP via their WhatsApp support number. I managed to get the UK one (as that's where I am) and have just had a good conversation with a support person. Long story short, they are sending me a new colour ink cartridge (I have Instant Ink).
The UK number is +44 2076602212 if that is of help to you. 😄

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.