Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Has anyone ever tried to cancel a instantink subscription?  As far as I can tell there information on line intentionally just sends you around in circles but never gives you a page or location to do so.  Another Scandeless company

B.R.Petereit
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BrianPetereit 

Sorry if you found it difficult to cancel.   You are able to cancel by signing into your Instant Ink account page at www.hpinstantink.com with your email and password you used to sign up for the program.  On the left navigation click MY Account and then Account Settings and you will see the cancel link at the bottom.   Note:  once you hit the link the system allows you to continue printing with the Instant Ink cartridges until the end of that billing cycle and then you will get 1 final bill and the Instant Ink cartridges will no longer work in the printer.  To resume printing you will need to go buy regular cartridges at your local retailer.   The Instant Ink cartridges only work when you are subscribed to the service (similar to your data plan with cell phones).  You can find the last day of your billing cycle on the Home page of your account page.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any problems with cancelling.

Thanks,

JillSa

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
HP Recommended

Hello,  I am not getting the same the same pages as you, when i go to instant ink.com theer is not a left column to choose from, and when I bring down options from the top right and go to settings there is nothing on the bottom. I have done this several times and there is not a cancel option to be found.  Brian

B.R.Petereit
HP Recommended

@BrianPetereit 

When you go to instantink.com you need to hit the Sign In button  (shown in pic below next to blue sign up in the right corner) and sign into your account:

sign in.PNG

Once you sign in this is the left nav I was talking about and you click My Account and Settings and you will see cancellation

left nav.PNG

I'll also send you a private message to see if you would like me to cancel your account.

Hope this helps.

JillSa

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi JillSa

I looked to start an instant ink account this morning but then decided to cancel it, however my printer is now not permitting me to use the Black ink cartridge, which I bought at my local store this morning, in my printer.

HP Recommended

@Shelbourne 

The ink that came inside the printer box should work whether you are signed up for Instant Ink or not.  Even if you cancel it should revert back to a non-Instant Ink cartridge.  I'll private message you to get some information to take a look at your account.  

Thanks,

JillSa

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.