Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Printer not printing. I looked in propertes and device status i saw this message in  hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi @devilshideout

Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, I would like to know the following:

What model HP printer are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

From which device are you trying to print?

How is the printer connected?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar 0307.

Thank you for responding to my issue.

I tried to use the printer today today and the printer worked fine.

Now and again i have problem issues with this printer but at the moment everything is fine.

I would like to contact you if an issues arises again, is that ok?

Thank you again.

Marcus. 

HP Recommended

@devilshideout, sure. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KUMAR0307.

My printer is again not printing. when i click to print there is no printing jobs showing in queue. Can you help?

HP Recommended

@devilshideout

What model HP printer are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

• Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
  • Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
  • How is the printer connected to the PC?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@devilshideout

I received your response that you are using an HP ENVY 4527 All-in-One Printer.

• Have you tried making a copy and check if that works?
  • Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kurmar0307,

Thank you for your message.

I have tried to make a copy on the printer and a copy printed no problem.

I am using my laptop and tring to print wirelessly. I am trying to print a document from yahoo mail and a return slip on Amazon. None of the documents will print.

When i click on print to print document on yahoo mail a new box comes on screen with the ducument showing and print options, the destination is corrrect showing HP213B17(HP Envy 4520) series, When i click on print nothing happens, and there is no list of anything printing in the queue box.

I put the ducuments in pdf and pressed print. A new box comes on screen showing the document and the correct printer, HP213B17(HP Envy 4520) series, i press print then a new box comes on screen reading 'The document could not be printed'. nothing is showing in the queue.

I tried to print a word ducument and a box comes on screen that read 'could not start print job.

I tried to print a webpage, i pressed print and a new box comes on screen showing the document and the correct printer, HP213B17(HP Envy 4520) series, i press print the new box closes down and nothing happens.

I have checked that i am connected to the internet and i am.

I have run print doctor and still had no luck. I have just installed a print doctor upodate run print doctor again to fix printing problems. I had an option to print a test page. I clicked on the test page and nothing happend with the printer. I had the option to click on internal test page, i clicked on that and nothing happend. I had the option of resetting the printer. i unplugged the print and waited a couple of minutes and turned the printer back on, tried to print a test page on print doctor and nothing happend, no print, a box came on screen on print doctor that read i had serious issues and then i had a list of support options.

I checked that thr printer in connected to the same wireless network and it is on the same network. There is a small blue light on the printer showingh connection. The blue light is stationary not flashing.

I contacted my nternet service provider and assigned different names. My laptop is on 2.4ghz network

I tried to print again and still its still not printing.

Hope you can please advise me to resolve the printing issue.

Kind regards,

Marcus.

HP Recommended

@devilshideout, thank you for the detailed information.

If the wireless connectivity between the devices is fine, this is a driver issue as you are not able to print any type of documents.

Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.  In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try printing.

Alternatively, you may also use the HP Smart app to print from your PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar0307.

I have done a clean installation of the drivers following your advice.

I tried to print and still no print.

I downloaded the latest drivers and i noticed a box come on screen reading.....Your current computer network connection is configured with device sharing turned off. I pressed yes to turn on the device sharing then rebooted the laptop. I tried to print but still not printing.

My son has been able to use the printer when using his phone to print, there was no problem printing. It seems there is an issue with the laptop wireless connection.

Recently i had no connection with the internet on the laptop. I ran a trouble shooting diagnosis and there was an issue with the wireless adapter or access point. Currently while typing this message i am connected to the internet with no problems.

I just run the print doctor and the test print would not print.

I tried to print a pdf document and a box came on screen reading 'The document could not be printed. I clicked ok and a new box read 'An error occurred while printing the document'.

Kind regards,

Marcus.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.