Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3636
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have been using hp instant ink for several years now, I get charged every month for the service. I used to use it for work but now I only use it for home use. I check my account every now and then online, I have realized that I have not received any ink since November 2017. how can I be charged every month when I am not receiving anything in return. also why  is there a limit on the amount of pages that you are allowed to print each month?

what exactly am I paying for every month?

I tried stopping the payments only to find that the printer refused to print if its got the hp instant ink cartridges in.

can anyone please explain as I feel I am being ripped off after paying the last 19 months for nothing! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@babydidi, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To learn about how the Instant Ink Subscription works, refer to the FAQs of Instant Ink program.

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The Instant Ink program tracks the ink levels and will only schedule a shipment of ink when it is needed.  The system aims to ensure you have two months of ink at whatever your current subscription level is.  

The ink HP sends for Instant Ink does not belong to you, it is HP's.  You are paying for a subscribed number of pages per month.  If you do not use the allotted number of pages in a month up to one month's pages can be rolled over automatically.  If you consistently use less than the allocated pages you may want to consider switching to a lower level plan.  HP has paid plans at 50, 100, 300 and 700 pages per month.  If you use more pages in a month (beyond your carryover and subscription amounts) there are extra charges.

If you cancel the plan you will need to return the Instant Ink cartridges to HP and replace them with retail cartridges as described in the terms of service.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@babydidi, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To learn about how the Instant Ink Subscription works, refer to the FAQs of Instant Ink program.

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.