Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2600 all in one series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an

HP DeskJet 2600 all in one series and an instant ink account with a 50 page allowance.

I have had the printer for just a couple of months and during that time have only printed less than 20 pages

I have just had a major problem with the instant ink provided black ink cartridge with me having to print test pages after repeatedly cleaning the nozzles etc

It resulted with me eventually having to remove the cartridge and perform a manual clean.

All-in-all I had to use 14 pages out of my 50 page allowance and I would credit for them as the fault was not mine

Can anyone help please to get credit for these pages

Sinbad

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

OK ... so no one knows !

Does anyone know an email address for HP where I can explain the situation to them ?

HP Recommended

Printing reports and/or cleaning should not count towards your page count. Only older models do this as they have not received a firmware update. The 2600 is fairly new so I'm not sure why it's counting reports.

If you printed usual pages (even as a test), then of course they'll count as a page used. Only print reports when in trouble. The HP Smart app has a nifty tool that will print something in all colors and black as well. Use that.

Deskjet 2600Deskjet 2600

HP Recommended

Hi

Just come across your reply......the 'email me when someone replies' is not working either !!!! 😑

Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid it doesn't help me.....I am still being charged for the pages I printed whilst testing and trying to fix the problem.

Regards

Sinbad

HP Recommended

Hi @Sinbadthebad

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I understand your concern. 

I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.