Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE-414sc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant does not connect to HP Server. Does not download messages and updates definition. Does not gather any configuration information. Does not analyze my system. Does not prepare the action list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have installed Windows 10 again. After the installation HP Support Assistant works.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi@omia,

Welcome HP Forums. The best place for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Unable to do update as Hp Support assistant has issues connecting to HP Servers. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

Please use the link below to download the latest HP Support Assistant on line.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Before installing the new version. Please uninstall the old one from

Control panel-->Programs and Features-->HP Support Assistant-->Uninstall.

Then restart the PC and install the new version and check if that helps

Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

No help. Does not work!

HP Recommended

Hi@omia,

Thanks for the reply.

DO you get any errors while installing the Support assistant?

Are you unable to uninstall the previous version?

Please share more to find a more accurate solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello,

No problems to uninstall the old version.

No problen in installing of the new version.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi@omia, 

Thanks for the reply.

I request you to follow the steps from the link below.

http://hp.care/2bJAkp9

Let me know if that helped.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

No help.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi@omia, 

Thanks for the reply.

The only possibility I can think of is, maybe the firewall from either Windows or the Antivirus Application might be blocking the connection attempt by HP Support assistant.

Please let me know the Antivirus program you use on your PC.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have installed Windows 10 again. After the installation HP Support Assistant works.

HP Recommended

Hi@ omia,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad that you were able to fix the issue. Understand that you had to go through the hassle of backing up your files and reinstall the operating system.

Cheers.

Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.