Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15-dc0019nq
Linux

Hi

I recently bought a hp omen 15-dc0019nq laptop was FreeDos, then I installed Linux mint. now I want to replace it with windows  I do not have dvd / cd writter so I made a bootable usb and when booting it shows me the same error

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a keyScreenshot from 2018-12-09 14-59-22.png

i use Usb image writer in linux

if i make usb bootable with linux then it works
if I make it with windows I get error

this is my bios/sys conf/boot options

20181208_151923.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

Have the installation media in a USB port.

Turn on the PC, and tap the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.

Select the F9, boot options menu, and from that select the legacy USB Diskette on Key/USB hard disk device, and press the Enter key.

Did you make the W10 installation media using the Media Creation tool at the link below?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

that's exactly what i did, when i boot usb

i  use Media Creation tool,but the same result

HP Recommended

That is very odd.

Did you test your bootable W10 installation media in another PC to see if it works?

You can always cancel out of the process once it gets to the 'install now' window.

HP Recommended

yes it works in another pc

HP Recommended

I have no idea why it isn't working then.

I assume you also booted from the UEFI USB flash drive as well...

It definitely should have booted in legacy mode.

HP Recommended

20181209_171131.jpg

I choose this on20181209_173444.jpg

My partitions 

HP Recommended

So, it doesn't even show the USB flash drive as an option to boot from.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

Since your notebook is brand new, and presumably under warranty, I recommend you contact HP technical support and submit a support case under the warranty.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

There has to be a way to get W10 to install from the flash drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.