Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Somewhere In the last two weeks "Enable Remote USB" unchecked it's self, and I lost the ability to re-select it, in Receiver Settings.  It had been working fine for the last year, and I'd been using it right along with a 3DConnexion USB Space Explorer.  This happened around the same time as  the Elitebook 840 G3 (Receiver) updating to Windows 10 build 2004 on 11/10/20.  I attempted fix the issue by updating the installed RGS 7.7 to the current ZCentral on the receiver (and sender) but "Enable Remote USB" remains grayed out.

Is this a known issue? is there a known solution?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sometimes Windows updates cause issues with RGS and/or Remote Boost and we get into a strange state, or it changes a driver that we use.  You mention that you updated from RGS 7.7 to Remote Boost.  Can you try uninstalling the receiver, reboot as requested, then reinstall the receiver to see if this fixes the issue?

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sometimes Windows updates cause issues with RGS and/or Remote Boost and we get into a strange state, or it changes a driver that we use.  You mention that you updated from RGS 7.7 to Remote Boost.  Can you try uninstalling the receiver, reboot as requested, then reinstall the receiver to see if this fixes the issue?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Ok, the uninstall - reboot - reinstall seems to have worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.