12-21-2019 08:35 PM
When I send documents from my HP Altec Lansing laptop that has a Windows 10 64-bit operating system to my HP Officejet 4560 printer, it will not print in color even though I have chosen the color option. When I send documents to the printer from my PC or my android cellphone, there are no issues with printing in color. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer drivers, but that did not resolve the issue. Any suggestions would be helpful.
12-24-2019 09:09 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Is the printer connected wirelessly to the Win 10 PC?
Have you tried connected it using a USB cable and check if the issue persists?
Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
For now, let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
USe HP Smart app to print
Click here to download and know more about the app.
Alternatively, try adding Win 7 print driver on your Win 10 PC.
Uninstall the current print driver.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee