Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8715
macOS 10.15 Catalina

The first page I print almost always blurry, always after the printer has sat idle for awhile. I have looked everywhere and it seems the only possible solution is a new printhead from HP.  How do I fix this problem? HP won't talk to me now because the printer is out of warranty.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @sleeplater

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the print quality issue. 

Can you email us the printed page?  I have sent you a private message with the details. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I keep sending in the printed page but I don't receive a reply. I am wondering if there is something wrong here.

HP Recommended

asmita6658 is not available, I will assist you from here on.

I am unable to view the reports you had shared.

Does this happen even you make a copy using the printer ?

What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

HP Recommended

First, Jay, you should be aware that multiple agents have replied to me, asking what is wrong though I have explained it in detail multiple times, then demanding copies of the printed page that I have sent so far six times, only to tell me I’m on my own because the printer is out of warranty. I have experienced this problem since it was new, for two years, and it is a common problem as you can see on your HP forum. The first page on a printing job often prints double, which gives it a blurry, unreadable look as the printing is just slightly offset.  It doesn’t happen always so I tried the many remedies your agents on the forum suggested many times but was not sure it worked until it acted up again. As I didn’t print that much in the past it was some time between attempts to fix it. I recall calling HP a couple of times but may have used my home phone or you may have lost the record. In any case no one offered an actual fix. I’ve been operating with all  possible Apple devices: 2 different  Mac desktop computers, an iPad, and multiple iPhones. It happens on multiple applications. Please don’t continue with this conversation if you are just going to inform me, after multiple responses, that you will not help because it is out of warranty. The probable fix is a replacement of the print head; at least that’s what seems to work according to the customers’ responses on your forum. Please check with your supervisor about the possibility of that repair on an out of warranty printer before you take more of my time. This printer, an OfficeJet Pro 8715, works well otherwise but I will replace it with a new Canon as soon as the ink runs out of it is not remediated. I had thrown away three HP printers in the past and vowed never to buy another one, but I was convinced by good reviews that this one was an outstanding performer, and printers are so often the weak link in the work space so I was looking for a solution . But now my patience is wearing thin. 

HP Recommended

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I tried to reply but the system closed me out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.