01-06-2020 09:24 PM
I updated the software and drivers from the HP site. The printer is connect wireless and I am able to scan. Even a test page gives a print error. I uninstalled and removed the device several times and reinstalled. I ran scan/print doctor and verified the printer can print from it's self. Just cannot print from the desktop.
01-09-2020 07:48 AM
Welcome to HP Support community.
What error message are you getting while printing?
Assign manual IP address and that should fix the issue.
Find the IP address
1. From the printer control panel, touch Setup.
2. Touch Reports and then touch Network Configuration Report.
Setting a Static IP Address
Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:
- Run your Web browser.
- In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
- Click the Networking tab.
- Under Connections, click Wireless.
- Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
- Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Apply.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
01-09-2020 03:23 PM
This printer only has a wireless interface on it. The error simply states the document couldn't print. The print queue and just displays error no numbers. I found a USB cable and was able to print to the printer when it is physically connected. I just can't print over the network. I also am able to scan from the printer over the network, just cannot print to it.
01-11-2020 08:00 AM
Installed the Smart App. I can scan from the app still cannot print. Additionally, the app only allows you to print PDF's and images. I had some PDF's on my desktop tried to print them. I get the same error as trying to print from the desktop directly.
01-12-2020 06:08 AM
Try printing from a new user account. To create a new user account -
1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.
Let me know.
I am an HP Employee