Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8020
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Relocated beginning of the year from Singapore to Austria. For the shipment of my goods I had to remove the ink cartridge as required by the forwarding company.

In Austria I got myself a HP cartridge kit for €80. Checked on the packaging that it is usable for my printer. Installed the cartridge and the printer prompted that it is wrong type.

Found out that for the same printer HP is selling type 915 in Asia and type 912 in EU. #

How to overcome the problem and use my HP printer. It is still under warranty until mid this year.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SImon47 Greetings from the HP Community!

If you've purchased the printer in one country/region and moved to another, the printer will require a regional reset, in order to get the cartridges working from the new region, that said, here's what I recommend:

You may send a private message to the HP Facebook Team for a faster response. If you've already attempted the same and need a response here, I'll need a few more details, 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Keep us posted,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SImon47 Greetings from the HP Community!

If you've purchased the printer in one country/region and moved to another, the printer will require a regional reset, in order to get the cartridges working from the new region, that said, here's what I recommend:

You may send a private message to the HP Facebook Team for a faster response. If you've already attempted the same and need a response here, I'll need a few more details, 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Keep us posted,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.