Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4655
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can't get printer to print document from PC.  Have tried many solutions. Printer will scan from PC direction. Printer will print internal test document but will not print test document from PC direction.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled several time.  Download print and scan doctor.  Print fix function installs but when ask to fix printing problem it goes 3/4 of the way and then up flashed a box stating that there is a corrupt file and failed to extract.  Don't know how to fix the print doctor as I mentiond have download latest vesion and uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  Printer worked before latest windows 10 updating downloads a few days ago. The printer is not receving the print request and don't know how to fix this.  have read and tried several solutions but to no avail.  Is there another fix solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  Did it all and still did not get printer to work but finally did when using easy install.  When it came to  the connection part it was just circling and circling inresponse.  I then checked wireless network and trobule shot it and low an behold it showed two versions of the printer--one installed on laptop which was set as default and then another which was the printer itself.  So I changed the printer default and it is working again.  Sounds simple now but did not show the difference before.  So Thank you for the info as it lead me to use other solutions and software but it did not resolve the corrupt file issue in print and scan doctor.  Still get the corrupt mesage when trying to use.  Thanks again for your info and help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Here's the userguide for your reference:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04783165

Can you restore Printer network settings and then use the wireless setup wizard to connect the printer to the network?

If you need help, these examples will show you how it's done:

Restore Printer Network Settings

Connecting a printer using Wireless Setup Wizard

(different printers but the steps are the same)

After that, please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  Did it all and still did not get printer to work but finally did when using easy install.  When it came to  the connection part it was just circling and circling inresponse.  I then checked wireless network and trobule shot it and low an behold it showed two versions of the printer--one installed on laptop which was set as default and then another which was the printer itself.  So I changed the printer default and it is working again.  Sounds simple now but did not show the difference before.  So Thank you for the info as it lead me to use other solutions and software but it did not resolve the corrupt file issue in print and scan doctor.  Still get the corrupt mesage when trying to use.  Thanks again for your info and help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.