Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have tried to print to 5 x 7 card stock and cannot get feed to recognize this size.  Printr will recognize 5 x 7 photo paper, but not ordinary print paper or card stock of this size.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This thread may help you to resolve your issue:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/How-do-I-print-cardstock-on-HP-Officejet-8600/td-p/107...

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

This thread may help you to resolve your issue:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/How-do-I-print-cardstock-on-HP-Officejet-8600/td-p/107...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

Loading papers the right way probably will solve this problem. Please use instructions from the following manual (page #27):

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03026243/c03026243.pdf

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Hello , 

Please try the below steps that should resolve the issue..

Ensure you have installed the full featured software for  your printer. 

Then try the below steps..

click on start menu open your printer preferences by right clicking icon and selecting printer preferences -under paper/quality tab be sure to change your paper type to "cardstock" under media- also if you are printing with microsoft office/word/ serif or which ever program you are using make sure the media or paper type is also selected to the cardstock as well. Should work then- ours didSmiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley HappyGood Luck to all!

Regards,
Jabzi

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

HI 

try this to solve this issue with this model make sure that your printing perferences under the actual printer and the program you are using are set to "cardstock" - meaning...

click on start menu open your printer preferences by right clicking icon and selecting printer preferences -under paper/quality tab be sure to change your paper type to "cardstock" under media- also if you are printing with microsoft office/word/ serif or which ever program you are using make sure the media or paper type is also selected to the cardstock as well. Should work then- ours didSmiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Good Luck to all!

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

This answer solved my issues.  Note that when selecting the Paper Type in the Devices and Printers folder I had to select 'Card Stock' twice.  First select brought 'HP Photo Papers', second select of 'Card Stock' got me to Card Stock.  Print then worked just great.   Print was on 5 x 7 card which had a pre-printed format with a message blank in the middle.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

We are Glad to Help! @Bop75

You have a good day! Cheers!!!:smileyhappy:

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.