Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Until this afternoon, there was no problem. I did not install anything, from hardware to software, but suddenly there were 2 HP Envy 5540 printers in my configuration, the newer one apparently a copy of the other one. The known one was still active, the other one couldn't be connected. BUT: after removing the idle, obsolete, newer printer entry from the confihuration, the existing printer cannot be connected. I tried re-establishing the connection on the printer itself, also through HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0, and now the thing tells me that he's out of paper - which he isn't. How come? Can anyone helpppp??

PROBLEM SOLVED

I have not yet received any solutions through this forum, but I ventured into HP Support Assistant and there it was: HP Guided Solution, which instructed me exactly how to reset my HP Envy 5540 in my wireless network. I had to turn off and restart the Print Spooler service via services.msc. Well done. I'd be glad to help others having this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

PROBLEM SOLVED

I have not yet received any solutions through this forum, but I ventured into HP Support Assistant and there it was: HP Guided Solution, which instructed me exactly how to reset my HP Envy 5540 in my wireless network. I had to turn off and restart the Print Spooler service via services.msc. Well done. I'd be glad to help others having this problem.

I am grateful for HP providing such elegant solutions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

PROBLEM SOLVED

I am grateful for HP providing such elegant solutions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.