Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart 7520 and I am trying to use Embedded Web Services to modify some settings.

When I do so a screen pops up asking me to enter the User and Password. I dont recall setting this up.

I have tried:

1. User: admin password: [blank]

2. User: admin password: admin

3. User: admin password: password

I repeated the same but typed in Admin instead of admin for the above 3 options. 

None of these work. I have searched everywhere for a solution but nothing.

I then tried to see if I could reset the printer into a state that is was in when I first unboxed it to start again. The only guidance on this for my printer is to turn the printer off by pushing the off button, unplugging it, waiting for a minute and starting again. That did not solve the issue either. The printer did not fully reset to the default when it was first unpacked and none of the above user password options worked.

There is nothing in the user manual on this.

Extremely frustrated having spent 3 hours of a Sunday trying to resolve this. Very poor!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Please check your inbox.

View solution in original post

75 REPLIES 75
HP Recommended
Please check your inbox.
HP Recommended

I would like this information too.

HP Recommended

Are you having the same issue?  What printer do you have? 

HP Recommended

I have a HP 7520. I need the user name and password to get into the admin modes thru it's web interface.

Also how can I reset, if need be, the user name and password back to the factory defaults?

HP Recommended

Please check your forum inbox.  

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue with my 7520. If you could send me that information I'd appreaciate it.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problems with my 7520, and i can not remember that i ever submitted a password for admin, neither can i find something in the usermanual about this. So please can i get the "fix" too?

HP Recommended

I apologize, I did change the UN & PW but imediatly after was not able to log back in. Afterward I spent time with HP tech support over chat, they emailed me the instructions that I seeminly have lost before I had time to follow them. Would it be possiable to recive them as well? Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Hey Guys, 

Check your forum inbox.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.