Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520
I was able to print from my phone (Samsung Galaxy s7) with no problem to several different HP printers using the HP plug in. In the last three weeks, I get the message that the print spooler has stopped. I have taken the plug in off, reinstalled, turned off, and I keep getting the same message.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @castettower, good morning and welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you are seeing a message that the print spooler has stopped. As I understand it, there is no option to restart the spooler as there is with a Windows operating system, but I will help you with an alternative.

First, let's make a copy of all of your personal data, photos,etc to an external device. Then try clearing the cache of your print app:

1. Press your Menu button then select Settings (or System Settings).
  2. Tap Application Manager (or Apps).
  3. Tap the app icon you want to repair.
  4. Tap Clear Cache.

After completing these steps, check if the app is working properly. If it's still not working, repeat steps 1-3, and then tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind, clearing the app's data will remove any custom options and settings; it's the same as uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If this resolves the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below to mark your post as solved. If the issue persists, let me know and I will do all I can to help. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @castettower, good morning and welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you are seeing a message that the print spooler has stopped. As I understand it, there is no option to restart the spooler as there is with a Windows operating system, but I will help you with an alternative.

First, let's make a copy of all of your personal data, photos,etc to an external device. Then try clearing the cache of your print app:

1. Press your Menu button then select Settings (or System Settings).
  2. Tap Application Manager (or Apps).
  3. Tap the app icon you want to repair.
  4. Tap Clear Cache.

After completing these steps, check if the app is working properly. If it's still not working, repeat steps 1-3, and then tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind, clearing the app's data will remove any custom options and settings; it's the same as uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If this resolves the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below to mark your post as solved. If the issue persists, let me know and I will do all I can to help. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Tried your method three or four times but still get error message "unfortunately printer spooler has stopped"

HP Recommended

Hello and welcome to the HP Forums!

Well Print Spooler service is an important service to communicate your printer and computer. This could happen due to some kind of corruption in registry files of windows.  

1.Press the Windows key Windows Key, and then type RUN.

2.Right click on RUN application and click Run as administrator (when asked, input your credentials or cancel if you do not know them).

3.In the run dialogue type "cmd" and click OK.

4.A Black background window will appear and then type "net start spooler" and press the Enter key.

5."The Print Spooler service was started successfully." should appear.

Voila! you're done,  you can try to print now.

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “thumbs up" button!

Incase the issue persist you may contact us Hp Printer support

HP Recommended

Thanks this was perfect. Resolved my problem was not able to resolve it since 2 weeks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.