12-18-2019 04:24 PM
Bought this printer brand new. After setting it up I printed 2 black only pages. Then I printed 1 4x6 photo. It now shows ink cartridge failure for the colored ink. I have removed it and reinstalled it several times to no avail. Is there anything else I can try before I return it to the store
12-20-2019 05:05 PM
I have gone through your post and would like to help
Please perform a printer reset and update the printer firmware
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and clean the electrical contacts with lint free cloth
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168 for Firmware update
Keep me posted how it goes 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on the Public Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee