01-29-2020 10:58 AM
I installed a new black ink cartridge. The printer was working fine before the installation. Display in window now repeatedly says "press enter to align cartridges " because it said the alignment failed each time I tried alignment. How do I fix? Im quite sure the color ink is empty or dried from non use. Connected to computer. Not sure it that matters. Thank you!
01-31-2020 05:07 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee