Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have the cartridge problem error that asks me to remove and reinstall the cartridges. I have done this, replaced them entirely, and done lots of other things suggested online. It won’t let me do anything (print or even clean the print head). Is the printhead removable? If not I have no idea how to clean it or get this thing to work....

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Aaucoin,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

For the HP OfficeJet 6962 All-in-One Printer, the print head is not a removable component.

Please check if you have performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this document.

If you have tried all the steps and if the issue persists, then I think it could be an issue with the printer hardware.

I would request you to contact our HP Support Team for Service/Replacement/Upgrade options.

Click on this Link to contact HP.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. I was able to resolve this about 6 months ago, but now it is happening again and I've gone through all the steps. I'm using the correct number ink, but are they less likely to work if they are off brand instead of HP ink cartridges? Is this a common part to stop working? It this an easy repair or is it time for a new printer??

Thanks in advanced! 

HP Recommended

@Aaucoin

Welcome to HP Community!

HP does not recommend using Third-party cartridge or Refilled cartridges, this might damage the ink system or reduce the life span of the printer.

If you have tried all the steps in the below documents:

Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/9514854/model/95147...

Ink Cartridge Errors: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/9514854/model/95147...

If the issue persists, I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support. 

Click here: www.hp.com/contacthp

Keep me posted, hope this helps!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.