Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just bought this printer and when I started printing I get black dots running down every page. The printer is fresh out of the box and compleatly new. Is this a manifacturing problem?

I tried printing a page with a lot of black to see if I could "clean out" the drum. In that case the dots get weeker just after the black area, but then slowly gets stronger again (see the attached photos).

Any Ideas?IMG_2454.jpgIMG_2455.jpg

/BA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi BA79,

Thank you for visiting HP Support Forum,

I can certainly help you with this issue to resolve.

1. Please Measure the distance between  the first dot to the second dot , if its 25.5 mm then its toner cartridge that has some foreign  particals on Developer roller.

Dot Measure.jpg

2.You may  Run clean page going to HP Printer  Assistant ->HP Device tool box and run clean page ,  then print a supply page to check if the dots clear

3. If still issue persist, then print a test page, Place the PQ defect page on Flat surface and place the toner cartridge on the PQ Defect Page and inspect where the dots is going towards the toner developer roller, you would see the foreign particle  on the developer roller as example shown in image below (Removable foreign material adheres to Cartridge roller parts and bring repeated black dots on printed page)

Dots on roller.JPG

4.  Gently wipe to clean the spot on the developer roller (use soft cotton cloth or tissue paper to clear the foreign particle only the affected spot) and then put back the toner and print a supply test page. You will not the see the dots on page.

Hope this resolves do let me know how that goes

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

it is look like toner cartridge or imaging drum, remove imaging unit & check if there is any dot then clen or damage.

HP Recommended

Hi BA79,

Thank you for visiting HP Support Forum,

I can certainly help you with this issue to resolve.

1. Please Measure the distance between  the first dot to the second dot , if its 25.5 mm then its toner cartridge that has some foreign  particals on Developer roller.

Dot Measure.jpg

2.You may  Run clean page going to HP Printer  Assistant ->HP Device tool box and run clean page ,  then print a supply page to check if the dots clear

3. If still issue persist, then print a test page, Place the PQ defect page on Flat surface and place the toner cartridge on the PQ Defect Page and inspect where the dots is going towards the toner developer roller, you would see the foreign particle  on the developer roller as example shown in image below (Removable foreign material adheres to Cartridge roller parts and bring repeated black dots on printed page)

Dots on roller.JPG

4.  Gently wipe to clean the spot on the developer roller (use soft cotton cloth or tissue paper to clear the foreign particle only the affected spot) and then put back the toner and print a supply test page. You will not the see the dots on page.

Hope this resolves do let me know how that goes

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

Hi,

This worked, thank you!

The distance between the dots were approximatly exactly 25.5mm. It took a while to find the HP Printer Assistant, but when I did and printed a clening page it did not work. But removing the cartrige I found some kind of smudge, rubbing it off did the trick.

Thank you again, it feels fine not to have to return the whole printer just for something like this:-)

HP Recommended

Hi,

Good to hear that the issue resolved.

Please mark one of the responses as the Solution Accepted
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.