Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
COLOR LASER JET Pro MFP M281cdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When printing in color there are blue horizontal streaks.  I printed a quality print page and the blue streak were in all the colors.  Black and white prints fine.  I also get a loud clicking noise during printing.  All new cartridges was happening before I replaced them.  If I print red and white I get blue streaks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Remove the cyan cartridge and look at the bottom. If the blue/green drum on the bottom has toner or marks on it it is likely a failed unit and needs to be replaced.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Why do I get a clicking noise

HP Recommended

Likely the drum in the cyan cartridge is too tight and it is causing excess stress on the drivetrain that can cause motor failure. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I replaced the cyan and now instead of 3 blue streaks I only have one.  Clicking still happens

HP Recommended

I replaced the cyan and now one streak.  I took the cartridges out with the tray and to off the back fold down door.  I wiped down the belt from the front and the roller on the back side.  Replaced all parts and so far no clicking and no streaks.

HP Recommended

A defective cartridge can leave a lot of toner in the printer that keeps causing defects until you either clean it out or print enough pages to work the spilled toner out. Good job tracking that down.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.