Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser 150nw
Linux

Just bought an HP Color Laser 150nw. I tried via the HP smart app for android to set it up with no luck.

From my Browser I navigated 192.168.223.1 and loged in as admin - [blank] password and changed my password.

Now i iam unable to log in again as admin to my printer.

How can I reset the password? From the HP smart app I can see my printer but there are no settings button.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Once again many thanks for your reply !!

As I did not had acess to to a Windows box due to lockdown, I had to brute-force the password.... To brute-force the freaking password on MY printer... This is utterly STUPID and so anti consumer...

Because I am sure that HP will not fix this kind of problem (yeah! we people sometimes forget or misspell  , go figure!), for anyone interested I fortunately had not enabled Login Failure Policy and  used  John the Ripper (a google search will provide you with many tutorials).

Again, thank you for your time and effort.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check below technical knowledge base about using the PIN Code to access the EWS page:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Laser-Printers-locate-EWS-Administrator-Pas...

Please let me know if that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you ShlomiL for you answer. Really THANK YOU!!!

Unfortunately this did not helped!

I tried to log in as admin - [PIN] but with no luck.

As I wrote before, I had logged in when I turned on the printer with admin- [BLANK] but then I changed the password, and logged out. After that I can no longer use my credentials. I even connected the printer via usb and installed the latest firmware V3.82.01.08 with no luck.

It is so frustrating... I just want to clear the admin password!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

The only think I can think of is using a PC to reset the network settings, but such can only be done from a Windows PC as much as I aware.

May you have any Windows PC available?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Once again many thanks for your reply !!

As I did not had acess to to a Windows box due to lockdown, I had to brute-force the password.... To brute-force the freaking password on MY printer... This is utterly STUPID and so anti consumer...

Because I am sure that HP will not fix this kind of problem (yeah! we people sometimes forget or misspell  , go figure!), for anyone interested I fortunately had not enabled Login Failure Policy and  used  John the Ripper (a google search will provide you with many tutorials).

Again, thank you for your time and effort.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.