Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127-M128

even after installing a fresh cartridge, printer is showing error message "Install Black Cartridge". The printer is HP Laserjet pro MFP m127-128 series. I have tried two or more cartridges but still its not accepting any of them.

Ashish Dahiya
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ashishiitd,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

As you have mentioned in your post that you have tried 2 or more cartridges and still getting "Install Black cartridge " error message on your HP LaserJet printer. Don't worry we're here to help you.

What happens when you try to use the old ink cartridges? Does it work.

Have you checked for any obstructions inside the printer. 

Have you tried to clean the ink cartridge contacts?

Are you using genuine HP toner or Non-HP Ink toner. 

This looks like a possible hardware failure. However, I would suggest you try these steps here: 

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: (NOTE: Please skip any steps that you have already tried)

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Also, check if you missed any steps as described in this link.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance.

HP Support team can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Jeet Sir,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I have performed all the tasks as you mentioned. 

What happens when you try to use the old ink cartridges? Does it work: NO

Have you checked for any obstructions inside the printer: YES printer seems clean

Have you tried to clean the ink cartridge contacts?: YES 

Are you using genuine HP toner or Non-HP Ink toner: Genuine HP Toner

and I have done those steps like disconnecting the cables and the switch off and on but still it shows the same error. 

Although I have spoken to HP Care, they have provided me with a service center number. I have been trying to reach that number but no one is responding. Still, I am trying as this is an inventory item of IIT Delhi, therefore, it can not be transferred outside IIT. We are hoping for an onsite repair.

Regards 

Ashish Dahiya 

Ashish Dahiya
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016
HP Recommended

@Ashishiitd,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I realize this was months ago but I found a solution to this problem. 

With most of these it is an issue of either a piece of paper or a torn piece of paper causing the issue. This can be fixed by removing the piece. Rotate the paper feeder manually until the small piece comes out or if the piece is large enough or can be seen without moving your rollers simply remove it. This worked like a charm for me. If you have any questions let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.