Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Flow MFP M880

Hi, im experiencing a Paper Jam error 31.13.02 on when copying using ADF. i have tried Actuating the Paper-Path Sensor 1, its ok. i have gone to check Event Log and i see Warning Event Code 31.03.32 (Document Feeder Deskew motor stall). i also did manual sensor test, unfortunately i can not locate ADF Paper Pick Success Sensor shown on the list to test. please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi John,

Thanks so much for your reply, i was trying to run away from that solution. but if that is the case, i have to. thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Replace the entire ADF or scanner assembly.  The error suggests its a motor stall problem.  

Check with HP and use any remaining warranty first.  If not then contact a local repair shop for a quote.  Or try your luck searching for parts and swapping them out on your own.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

The 31.13.02 error code is most commonly generated by either a dirty or worn adf roller kit. Deal with this error first.  Open the top lid and look closely at the pickup and feed roller in the top lid. It should be light grey, you can try cleaning with a water dampened cloth. Check the error log for a 10.39.70 code which indicates that kit is below low threshold.

Replacement kit is 

ADF roller maintenance kit part number: C1P70-67901

Should that not help, here is the troubleshooting steps for the ADF feed assembly.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Repairatrooper. Thanks for your reply. i have replied in Red Font maybe you will be able to assist further.

The 31.13.02 error code is most commonly generated by either a dirty or worn adf roller kit. Deal with this error first.  Open the top lid and look closely at the pickup and feed roller in the top lid. It should be light grey, you can try cleaning with a water dampened cloth. Check the error log for a 10.39.70 code which indicates that kit is below low threshold.

Replacement kit is 

***i replaced these rollers with new ones. later i saw this error about "below threshhold" after i changed the ADF interavals to "0" then the message was gone after changed the value to "999999" and the count values to "0"

1. Ensure that the type and quality of the paper that is being used meets the HP specifications for the printer.

***im sure the quality of the paper is Ok as that was the paper that was being before****

2.Ensure that the input tray is not overloaded and that the tray guide is set to the correct size and not tight against the paper.

***the input tray is not overloaded, im trying with 1 paper***

3.Check the event log for document feeder errors, and then resolve any errors first.***I checked event log, that is were i got this error 31.03.32 for Document deskew motor stall

******About 10.39.70 code, i cant remember seeing that code. for now am bit away from the machine. most codes i saw where talking about boot-up success*****

4.If the error persists, check the connections on the SCB for correct seating and secure connection.

***I opened some panels on the machine and reseated all connections on SCB. im sure they are secured.******

5.If the error persists, replace the document feeder assembly.

***This will be my last resort as the ADF Assembly is a bit expensive.******

For instructions: See the Repair Service Manual for this product.
Part number: CF367-67920
HP Recommended

Hi John,

Thanks so much for your reply, i was trying to run away from that solution. but if that is the case, i have to. thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.