Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 2600n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Magenta color is vertically misaligned after upgradign to Win10. Previously no issues.

Ran Print and Scan Doc - all green checks. The test print has Magenta misaligned.

The "Printer" tab in 'Print and Scan Doc' - is greyed out...looks like an issue.

updated the drivers and software from HP site for Win10 64 bit.

Cannot find the alignment test that previously Win7 allows adjustment of the print heads.

I have read through the threads.

Reset to factory settings.

Run calibration a few times.

Suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

On the printer go to the reports menu and print a configuration report.  Look at the colored bars at the bottom of the page. If they are off go to the print quality menu and run the calibrate routine 3 times in a row.  See if that helps.  If not post a copy of the last config page for us to evaluate and give you further instructons.  Calibration occurs at the printer and nothing to do with your upgrade or the computer.

HP Recommended

image-17-09-19-07-05-1.jpeg

Here is my before and after. I configured it 3 times and it appears to have made it worse. Please helpimage-17-09-19-07-05.jpeg

HP Recommended

I also tried resetting the settings to factory but that did not work either.

HP Recommended

Super NVRAM initializer

CAUTION Super NVRAM initialization will erase all network settings. Before performing

Super NVRAM initialization, print a Configuration page, which contains network setting

information.

When a super NVRAM init is performed, the printer enters the Generic Product Mode, which

changes the language and country/region settings to “undefined.”

NOTE Super NVRAM init will erase all data stored in the protected NVRAM settings.

Use the following procedure to execute a super NVRAM init.

1 Turn off the printer.

2 Press and hold the (LEFT ARROW) and (RIGHT ARROW) buttons simultaneously.

3 Turn on the printer.

4 When you see the message Permanent storage init displays, release the (LEFT ARROW) and

(RIGHT ARROW) buttons.

When the super NVRAM init is complete, the printer will return to the Ready state

HP Recommended

Still misaligned.

HP Recommended

The printer is still misaligning. Is there anything else I can do??? 10B8605F-962E-4909-8FDB-72DFB666F329.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.