Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CM1415fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone know a way to fix the pick-up roller on an HP LaserJet 1415fnw MFP?  It now will not pick up envelopes, although it easily picks up regular paper, and will pick up and print the envelope if I reach in and push the envelope a bit forward until it catches.  I am using the same envelopes as always,  all my HP software is up to date, and I've run all the diagnostic tests.  It clearly is a roller problem, perhaps needing cleaning or replacement.   On older HP MFP printers, you could order a fix, a simple kit that somehow cured pick-up problems.   Suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JWar46,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing problems printing envelopes on your HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like the paper pickup roller is slipping.

Media type  Envelopes do and no not:

Do:

● Store envelopes flat.

● Use envelopes where the seam extends all the way to the corner of the envelope.

● Use peel-off adhesive strips that are approved for use in laser printers.

Do not:

● Do not use envelopes that are wrinkled, nicked, stuck together, or otherwise damaged.

● Do not use envelopes that have clasps, snaps, windows, or coated linings.

● Do not use self-stick adhesive

Source 

I recommend unplugging the printer and clean off the rollers.

1. Remove the toner cartridges.
  2. Open the rear output door and clean the rollers with a damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Remove the input tray and clean the paper pickup rollers (you may need to turn the printer over on its side.
  4. Let the rollers dry before moving it back and reinserting the toners cartridges.
  5. Try printing an envelope again.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @JWar46,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing problems printing envelopes on your HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color Multifunction Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like the paper pickup roller is slipping.

Media type  Envelopes do and no not:

Do:

● Store envelopes flat.

● Use envelopes where the seam extends all the way to the corner of the envelope.

● Use peel-off adhesive strips that are approved for use in laser printers.

Do not:

● Do not use envelopes that are wrinkled, nicked, stuck together, or otherwise damaged.

● Do not use envelopes that have clasps, snaps, windows, or coated linings.

● Do not use self-stick adhesive

Source 

I recommend unplugging the printer and clean off the rollers.

1. Remove the toner cartridges.
  2. Open the rear output door and clean the rollers with a damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Remove the input tray and clean the paper pickup rollers (you may need to turn the printer over on its side.
  4. Let the rollers dry before moving it back and reinserting the toners cartridges.
  5. Try printing an envelope again.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.