Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 5220 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

When we tried to print a PDF file , we had an error message saying “Error Insufficient Memory”

I included all info regarding of our printer.

Please pointing out what am I missing?.

Thanks for helping us.

HNN156

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
    • Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
  • HP Laser Jet 5220 Series.
  1. Operating System installed (if applicable)
    • Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

- Windows 10 Pro.
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows

- 'PCL XL Error Subsystem: IP,  Error: InsufficientMemory'
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

• No changes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What program were you trying to print the .pdf file from. Some people have problems trying to print pdfs from Microsoft edge, which is the default web browser in Windows 10. I've also seen people have issues trying to print pdf's from chrome and Foxit.

It could be the particular pdf you are trying to print is corrupt. You may have better luck printing from a program like Adobe reader DC.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What program were you trying to print the .pdf file from. Some people have problems trying to print pdfs from Microsoft edge, which is the default web browser in Windows 10. I've also seen people have issues trying to print pdf's from chrome and Foxit.

It could be the particular pdf you are trying to print is corrupt. You may have better luck printing from a program like Adobe reader DC.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Hi Tonerspills,

Our PDF files are created by AutoCAD.

I will try to print from Adobe and will keep you posted.

Thanks, Tonerspills.

Hnn156

HP Recommended

it is a pdf but it printed 7 of 9 pages before I got the error.  I've printed PDF documents before without a problem.   I'm using an Officejet 8210 PCL6. I tried in Edge and Chrome. It does print Word documents.

HP Recommended

Hi @martic329

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

If you are able to print word documents fine, this could be an application-specific issue.

Try updating the Adobe Reader or reinstalling it.

Alternatively, print the PDF file as an Image

Refer to this document to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It wouldn't let me select accept as a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.