Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet 100 colour mfp m175nw

Hi.

Can anyone help me.

I've recently changed wifi routers which my laserjet 100 colour mfp m175nw was connected too. The router has stopped working.

I've set up my new one and now i can't get the printer to connect via wifi or when using the WPS button. I've tried to connect it via the USB and it won't even connect via that. I've downloaded all the HP software to try and get it to connect. The software see's the priner, but it just wont connect or print.

I've tried the reset setting in the menu on printer and it hasn't made a diffeence.

Is there a facoty reset for the printer? and how do i do it.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

See Page 155 of the LaserJet M175 User Guide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02476565

Restore factory settings

Restoring the factory-set defaults returns most of the settings to the factory defaults. It will not reset the page count or tray size, but it might reset the language. To restore the product to the factorydefault settings, follow these steps.

1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button.

2. Use the arrows buttons to select the Service menu, and then press the OK button.

3. Use the arrows buttons to select the Restore Defaults item, and then press the OK button.

The product automatically restarts.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

Already tried that and it didn't work. Tried again and same thing.

I've plugged it in via USB. Used the HP Easy Smart and it shows up on there to select. I pressed connect and then get this message:

"Unable to communicate with the device.

To connect the device, complete the following steps. After you complete each step, click "Try Again".

1. Make sure all cables are securely connected or that the wireless connection is working properly.

2. Turn the device off, and then turn it on again."

The cable is connected and the wifi at home works fine. 

HP Recommended

The next level of reset is the NVRAM/Cold Reset:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t24416474-hard_reset_hp_laserjet_m175nw

Try this:
1- Make sure printer is off.
2- Press and hold Red X and Right Arrow key.
3- Switch printer on (Red X and Right Arrow still pressed down)

The goal is to get the printer display a "Printer Settings Init" message. Release the two buttons when you get this message. If nothing happens, try the procedure over again.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Hi John.

It just says "permenant storage init" 

Tried several times and that's all it says when i do the red cross and right arrow.

HP Recommended

Once you see the message for "permenant storage init"  then release the buttons.  Allow the printer to reboot.  Then attempt to reinstall the printer again. 

This is the cleanest state the printer can be in.  If there is still a problem then its no longer a configuration issue directly on the printer. 

HP Recommended

Thanks John.

Think it's just kaput.

Tried the HP Easy start on my mac and that wont's connect to it via USB.

Tried the HP utility tool which has been working fine, and now that says unable to communicate with selected device. It may have been turned off, or otherwise connected.

It's definelty on and connected.

Scrap heap it is then. :HalfEyes:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.