Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP 2727
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hi Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download error on the unit HP LaserJet M2727 nf how can i get raid of it  computer was to determine this MFP as an" unknown device
How can i send firmware through usb . i tried but that not worked s79879549.jpg

and how to use boot dimm mode and how its works

s70130193.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Because the printer is not functioning properly, just selecting a port will not ensure that you get the right one. See my instructions, you may need to change the port a couple of times before you find the one that your disabled printer is linked to. I cannot tell you which port that is because they can be different for every computer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Here is a link to a related post.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Firmware-Corrupt-Ready-2-Download-Error-on-my-LaserJ...

Often what you need to do is follow the steps of setting up a USB printer and then sending the firmware and changing the USB port on the driver until you hit the one that the printer is currently using, as in current state it will not install properly until the firmware is fixed.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

how can i change ports of USB ?
i think changing of usb port in Pc Available ports can't work 

HP Recommended

On your PC go to control panel>devices and printers>right click on the icon for the printer you are trying to fix, select printer properties from the drop down menu. Then Select Ports tab and set the port you want.

ports settings.jpg

HP Recommended

which port should i select for M2727 firmware update

HP Recommended

I tried on the following way to firmware but that didn't work 
Plz help which mistake i did 
When we see "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" we should do as follows:

• TURN PRINTER'S POWER OFF (USB should stay connected)
  • Delete installed driver (if exists)
  • Manually install driver for your printer (When choosing port, use one of "Virtual Printer Ports for USB" which is your printer connected to)
  • Run firmware update program from HP Support web page (PRINTER IS OFF)
  • In firmware update program's window choose your printer (manually installed) and press "Send Firmware" button
  • Wait for firmware to be completely sent to your printer's task window
  • TURN YOUR PRINTER ON
  • First you will see "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" message. If there is no such message, turn off and on again until it shows. Then message will change to "Downloading...", "Erasing..." and "Programming..."
  • When all this operations end, printer will ask you to turn it off and on.

That's all. No need to contact HP Support or buy any parts.

P.S. While "Downloading...", "Erasing..." or "Programming...", printer may hang. It's not fatal. Just repeat all operations again. To prevent hangs use quality USB cable when updating firmware

HP Recommended

Because the printer is not functioning properly, just selecting a port will not ensure that you get the right one. See my instructions, you may need to change the port a couple of times before you find the one that your disabled printer is linked to. I cannot tell you which port that is because they can be different for every computer.

HP Recommended

can i transfer the firmware when the printer is in Off condition (Shown as above procedure) ?

HP Recommended

Connect your printer with USB.

Send firmware update program and watch the LED panel if you got the right connected port then you'll see something programming on the LED panel.

If not the way change to another port and click apply, like from USB001 to USB002, if it still not work change to USB003 then click apply.......and so on, until you see anything change on the LED screen.

There must have one of a USB port will work and if it's not the way you might have another problem.

There's no need to re-send firmware again, just one time is enough.

After doing this well you may or may not save back your printer, if it doesn't work after all then you need to replace the formatter.

HP Recommended

Hi i Have only Port Usb Port That is USB001 
Now how can i change it to USB 002 or USB 003 
In Port there is only one USB Port Plz Help me 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.