Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Has anyone resolved this ridiculous issue where all the colors are not aligned when printing?  Black text prints perfectly. But when printing images, colors are not aligned. Issue has been going on for months and YES I've done the following:

1. Calibrated a thousand times
  2. Restored printer defaults 1000x's
  3. Wasted my money and spent almost $200 on OEM all 4 color cartridges ... wasted!
  4. Reinstalled drivers 1000x's
  5. Have the most updated drivers... believe me.
  6. Ran the HP Print and Scan Doctor software and it's showing me NO ISSUES... ridiculous
  7. Checked the HP Support Forum with no resolution....I'm with you fellow people with this same issue. HP HELP PLEASE! 
  8. Please tell me it's a HARDWARE ISSUE!!!! Of course you're not going to admit it.
  9. Same issue occurs on my PC-Win 7, Macbook.. doesn't matter... it's the printer!!!
  10. And I finally posted this plead for HELP!!!

Thank you HP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
From what it sounds like, it is a hardware problem. I would start by making sure you have the firmware up to date. The firmware of the printer is what determines how the mechanics of the printer will act. If that is out of date, it can cause all kinds of problems. If that doesn't work, try doing a hard reset. I've included a link to the firmware and the instructions for a hard reset below. Let me know what happens.

Firmware:
http://goo.gl/gCXvr

To do a hard reset:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the printer in and turn it on.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended
From what it sounds like, it is a hardware problem. I would start by making sure you have the firmware up to date. The firmware of the printer is what determines how the mechanics of the printer will act. If that is out of date, it can cause all kinds of problems. If that doesn't work, try doing a hard reset. I've included a link to the firmware and the instructions for a hard reset below. Let me know what happens.

Firmware:
http://goo.gl/gCXvr

To do a hard reset:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the printer in and turn it on.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Shane_R ....awesome! Thank you for the quick reply. It worked! I left my printer unplugged for more than a minute or so and it worked, weird.

Thanks again.
HP Recommended
I have an idea sir,, try to update the firmware of your unit, but i can't assure if it is the solution... 😄
HP Recommended

I ahve done both suggested solutions with no effect.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Printer was working fine 2 weeks ago, now the red and black on the left side are about 1 mm off. This is the thrid time this printer is doing this. 

Nothing suggested fixes it.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have tried all of the fixes that have been suggested, including your unplug the power cord suggestion with no success.  Have replaced cartridges, updated firmware, done many NRAM resets and many calibrations.  The left side black cartridge still prints a little too high, like by a millimeter.  On the diagnostic page, the top 17 lines of paramaters all read zero.  the bottom few lines have **** for values in most places.  The values in the lower lines changes when I do calibrations, but always have at least 16 places that contain ****.

I am using windows 7, so the ToolboxFX is not available. 

Is it possible to clean the color plane registration sensors?  Is there a service manual available?

Since the printer will not accurately print barcodes, it is not usable for my purposes.  The barcodes all appear blurred, with a line of magenta to the right of the dark black line. 

Another possible solution for me might be to print in only black ink, but I cannot find a place to force the printer to do this.  Doing it from the print preferences screen makes no difference. 

HP Recommended

Hi ITSwami

I understand the printer is printing out of alignment.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

I have included a document for print quality and alignment issues. In

Solution eight: Print a diagnostics page, if the color alignment bars are off, calibrating is the only method of fixing this issue which you have already ran several times. I would also do Solution eleven: Identify and replace the problem print cartridge, in case it is just one cartridge causing this issue. Remove the toner and check for a tuck blade to make sure it isn't sticking out of the bottom of it.

I have provided all the Manuals for the printer.

You would want to contact HP Tech Support to inquire about getting a replacement toner if that ends up being the issue.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Well, I thank youi for your help but these tricks do not solve the problem. It is mostly the red color, it is positioned behind all other colors by about 1.2 mm. When I paid tech support to fix it, we worked for over an hour and tried firmware, driver, new cart's hard reboot of the printer etc but nothing fixed it. Other people on the web have the exact same issue. Its funny how this showed up one month before it went off tech support. So, I use it as B&W only. It would really help my business to get it back running on color again. 

even to this day, it tries to calibrate itself but the red is still off. 1/13/14

HP Recommended

Hi johndavella

Sorry that didn't help.

I searched around for some more information on this matter and came across this post that you may like to check out.

Let me know if any of the fixes worked for you also.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.