Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ColorLaserJet CP1514n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

in the last time my printer HP ColorLaserJet CP1514n does not print any more.

I can still reach it via network and it shows me the capacities of my toner cartridges.

It is also found via USB. When I print, the computer tells me that the print job has completed, but in reality no print job has completed. It is the same situation in Win10 and in Linux. So I tried to fix the problem via HP Support Assistant but it did not work. I downloaded two universal drivers but it did not work.

I am still searching for special drivers for Win10.

The printer tells me after starting it that the toner cartridge is not original but this should not be the problem since I can confirm this message an continue. I think that the communication between my computer and the printer does not work.

Well you can also find this on a german forum

https://h30492.www3.hp.com/t5/Drucker-und-AiO-Installation-und-Inbetriebnahme/HPColorLaserJetCP1514n...

So I would be glad for support.

Thanks in advance.

Marcel

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Marcel88, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As you have mentioned that the printer is detected by the PC, this seems like a driver issue.

To check the connectivity, go to Device manager > USB/Imaging devices > Check if the printer is listed.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Root uninstall and reinstallation of printer drivers: 

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try printing.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is listed  in Device manager.

HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnoses a driver problem. But it does not fix the problem.

When I should uninstall printer drivers ... I have to be careful not to uninstall the printer drivers for our other printer HP Color LaserJet M277.

Then I install the mentioned driver. It seems to be a universal driver. Is there no specific driver for HP ColorLaserJet CP1514n?

After installation of HP Universal Printing PCL I try to print but then an error message occures. The print job could not be completed. The printer is in an error state.

HP Recommended

@Marcel88

There is no printer driver available for HP Color LaserJet CP1514n Printer connected to a Win 10 PC. You may check it here. Let us try installing Windows built-in driver and check if that helps.

Refer to this document to know how.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Win10 installs the HP Color LaserJet CP1510 Series PCL6 Class Driver.

It does not print anything.

So no driver works here.

But the printer is detected by operating systems (Win10 and Linux).

It might be something wrong with the printer?

HP Recommended

@Marcel88

Have you tried printing a test page? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes. But my printer did not print test pages or documents.

HP Recommended

@Marcel88 Did you check the link shared earlier about windows built-in drivers? If not, please do

And if yes, did you install it?

Keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes and I installed it. As I mentioned before Win10 installs the HP Color LaserJet CP1510 Series PCL6 Class Driver, but it does not print anything.

HP Recommended

@Marcel88, that's unfortunate. 

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.