Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P2035
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

The aforementioned printer consistently prints and jams paper in the same fashion, in order:

1. Prints a few papers (papers in between are always printed blank)

2. Jams 2 pieces of paper, one at the part where the paper is about to come out and another under the metal plate below the toner cartridge

I've searched around and could not find a solution. Can you please help? Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Do you get the same results if you use the MP tray? Do you get any printing at all, your initial post was not clear. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Dear Repairatrooper,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry, I don't know what MP tray is, if it is the tray the one below with the number 2 label, then that was the tray I was referring to. The same effect also applies to the tray above it.

I'll explain again:

> let's say I set for it to print 100 pages, after a few (the few is from 2 to 12 pages), 2 pages after it will get jammed

>>> one page below the metal plate below the toner, and

>>> the other is where the printed paper leaves to land as printed paper

Both said pages above will not anything printed on them.

The 2 to 12 pages, taking the 12 pages as reference:

page 1: print of page 1

page 2: blank

page 3: print of page 2

page 4: blank

page 5: print of page 3

page 6: blank

page 7: print of page 4

page 8: blank

page 9: print of page 5

page 10: blank

page 11: blank, jams at the part it is coming out

page 12: blank, jams below the metal plate located below the toner cartridge

Please inform if that is not clear and notify where, so I'll elaborate. I am sorry for not being clear the first time.

HP Recommended

On HP printers the MP tray is tray 1 which is the pull down tray. Tray 2 is the first tray fits completely into the printer. The symptoms you describe sound like it might be a tray setting size issue. The timing for the sensors in the printer have a little flexibility so if the paper tray is set for legal and you are feeding letter or another size, it will feed some pages but eventually the timing gets too much out of sync and a jam occurs.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, Repairatrooper,

That was what I thought before starting this thread -- I checked the tray where I place the papers AND the size of the papers, both match (A4).

As the jam is also under the metal plate, I had to take out and put back the toner cartridge multiple times, and every single time, the error remains.

(I don't deserve the Honor Student recognition btw 😅)

HP Recommended

One test is to hold down the ok button for about 10 seconds to generate a configuration page to see if that prints properly. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response, Repairatropper.

I have tried that too...

What I have tried prior to starting this thread:

> Printing a single page, prints perfectly

> Printing a configuration page by holding the OK button, prints perfectly

> Removing and putting the toner cartridge, prints one page perfectly

> Switching off the printer, removing the plug for around 10 minutes, then reconnecting the plug, turning on the printer, and print a page, prints perfectly

> Reinstalled printer driver, prints one page perfectly, but jams when printing multiple pages

The jam only happens when I print multiple pages, and ALWAYS jams at the same location. 

I assume the problem is software related, assuming it is, how can I rectify it?

HP Recommended

I came across this document, not sure if it is applicable.

HP LaserJet P2050 and P2030 Printer Series - Paper Jam in Output Bin, when 8.5" x 13.0" Paper Size Selected with Duplex Print c01861194 | Public

Last Modified Date: 2009-09-10

Issue

A paper jam occurs in the output bin, when 8.5" x 13.0" paper size is selected with Duplex Print.
Solution

This issue occurs if the paper-width selection lever is not in the correct position.
The following instructions will resolve this paper jam issue:
  1. Open the rear door and clear the paper jam (if any).
  2. Make sure that you are printing with media that meets specifications.
  3. Make sure that you are printing with media that is not wrinkled, folded, or damaged.
  4. Set the product for the correct width of paper that you are using.
  5. At the back of the product, lift the duplex jam-release door, and locate the blue paper-width selection lever.
  6. Push the lever in for Letter and Legal-size paper.
    Pull the lever out for A4-size paper.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, Repairatrooper.

The Solution up to #4 works, but not at all #5, because there is no said blue lever likely because my printer is HP LaserJet P2035 Printer series and not either.

Is there any way to configure the printer's software? 

HP Recommended

Been over 10 days now, is there really no solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.