Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet M1120 MFB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer is in Windows printer list with a notice "No driver"

Some programs still regognize the printer and can print, but some don't find any printer.

Lenovo has updated a driver marked "HP Printer - 4/22/2009 ... - 10.0.17119.1"

I tried to find a driver in HP site. Found a driver "ljM1120-hb-pnp-win64-fi", downloaded it.

But these drivers did not change the situation.

P.S. I got help for my acute problem with the browser Firefox, resetting the printer configuration.

Still in Windows settings: Printers, the printer is listed with notice "No driver"

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Hele1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Let’s try these steps:

1. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03286146

2. Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers:
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall printer drivers, click here: https://support.hp.com/hk-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-m1120-multifunction-printer-s...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you very much for your reply.

I downloaded and run HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Printing the test page was OK, but there was an error in scanning feature. I tried three times according to instructions and rebooted etc. But still there was the same error.

Then I still tried to continue to phase two.

I was not sure about "root level". I tried the normal Windows Control Panel. In Programs and feature, there is no HP program at all. In think that Control Panel shows only programs, no drivers.

I cannot now try the root level, if that now means "Dos level" Run etc.

I have to leave now without printer 🙂 I can continue tomorrow evening - perhaps with some more instructions and tips.

br Hele

HP Recommended

Now I continued.

I did not run HP Print and Scan Doctor again but continued with step 2.

- In Control Panel, Programs and feature there were none HP printer entries

- In Control Panel, Devices and Printer there was HP Laserjet M1120 MFP and I removed it. I did not remove other "devices" (= Fax (??), Ms Print to PDF, Ms XPSDocument Writer, OneNote)

- Run ... printui.exe /s ... went to drivers, I removed HP driver and HP "driverpackage". - It looked the same as I tried to install later.  I did not remove any Microsoft Drivers like Ms enhanced Point and Print compatibility drivers

- Run.. c:/programdata .... In HP folder there was only one empty Temp folder. I did not remove it.

- From the link I downloaded the driver "ljM1120-hb-pnp-win64-en".

The instruction is: "Before proceeding with the software installation, the printer and your computer must first be properly set up. Do not connect the USB cable until the software installation prompts you."

I wonder if the printer is "properly set up" - I removed it in Control Panel according to your instructions.

The installation program stopped very soon, not finished, did no ask to connect USB cable.  Did not installed the driver...

Now the situation is worse than in the beginning of the whole problem.

Could you help me with this, please

HP Recommended

I connected the USB cable. The windows system added the printer, but it is now again without a driver.

I tried to install the driver. Now the installation program does not stop immediately, but it is stuck to "Adding Print drivers...". It does not go forward, it is maybe in some loop ...

HP Recommended

@Hele1

Thank you for posting back. 

Use these tips and procedures to help troubleshoot and avoid USB connectivity issues.

• Restart the printer and the computer: Restarting the computer and the printer can clear possible error conditions.

• Reconnect the cable: Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer.

• Connect to a different USB port: Connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer.

• Disconnect from a USB hub or docking station: If you are using a USB hub or docking station, try connecting the cable directly to the computer.

• Try a different USB cable: Use a different USB cable. HP supports USB cables less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.

• Disconnect other USB devices: If you have several USB-connected devices, such as another printer, the computer might not have sufficient power supplied to the USB ports to detect all of them. Disconnect any other USB devices that are not in use.

• NOTE: Be sure that the printer is connected to a 2.0 USB port in the computer.    

Click here: https://support.hp.com/hk-en/product/hp-laserjet-m1120-multifunction-printer-series/3447595/model/34... to know more about USB Printer Setup (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for new instructions.

I am sorry, no great success.

I restarted both. I disconnected, reconnected the USB cable. I connected to a different USB port.

I wondered the note: "Be sure that the printer is connected to a 2.0 USB port in the computer." There are only USB 3.2 ports in our new laptop.

I didn't went through the previous process including deleting all printer data etc. I now just tried to install the driver which I downloaded earlier.

The error in installing the driver "ljM1120-hb-pnp-win64-en"  is the same as yesterday: stays in the phase "Adding Print Drivers" "forever".

What I managed to do: I can now again use printing in some programs. I cannot use scanning in Laserjet. There is still the error in Control Panel, Printers, "no driver".

Is this "mission impossible"?

HP Recommended

@Hele1

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help and advice!

I am sorry, I think we have to manage as it is now.

br Hele

HP Recommended

@Hele1

You're welcome! 
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.