Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M225dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Read message board and tried the following steps.

1. Performed a hard reset.
a. Unplugged the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
b. Reconnected the power cable to the printer and wall outlet.
c. Issue remains.

2. Performed a power drain
a. Disconnected the power cord from the back of the printer, power button pressed for 30 seconds with the switch in ON position for 30 seconds.
b. Reconnected the power chord.
c. Issue remains.

3. What other options do you recommend?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Golo1861,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with an initializing loop on your Laserjet M225dw Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. Remove the toner cartridge from the printer.
  2. While the toner is removed, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute.
  3. When the printer asks to insert the cartridge, place the cartridge in the printer.

Please let me know if this clears the error. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hey @Golo1861,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with an initializing loop on your Laserjet M225dw Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done:

1. Remove the toner cartridge from the printer.
  2. While the toner is removed, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute.
  3. When the printer asks to insert the cartridge, place the cartridge in the printer.

Please let me know if this clears the error. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I've tried this solution and still the same error.

HP Recommended

Having the same issue.  Briefly lost power and it's been stuck in an Initializing loop since.  I've tried the above with no success.

HP Recommended

I don't really understand the problem with using a UPS/Surge Protector. I live in the forest amidst very tall, old trees that cause regular power glitches and sometimes outages. ALL of our good electronics are on UPS/Surge Protectors.

This last outage, when the power came back on, I could no longer get the LaserJet Pro to work. That's how I realized the UPS/Surge Protector was no longer functioning.

I was able to get my printer to initialize by doing all the steps, including removing the toner cartridge, with it plugged directly into the wall. BUT if I use the new UPS, it gets stuck initializing again.

How do I protect it from power fluctuations if it's plugged directly into the wall?? We've had electronics fried by the glitches.

HP Recommended

Have the same issue, done everything on the forums to clear issue. 

none has worked

PLEASE PM me the reset instructions ASAP

HP Recommended

Power off the printer.

Touch and hold the bottom left of the display itself and power on the printer. 

Hold it until you get the message to select the country.

This will erase all data and setting of this printer.

IP setting too.

Suggest to upgrade to the latest firmware after.

Work's for me twice.

Have fun.

HP Recommended

did that, i got to the language part and then it just freezes 

HP Recommended

followed the instructions on furum, but when it gets to language selection it freezes.

HP Recommended

This worked when nothing else would!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.