Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP told me hardware malfunction.  Just got home from buying a new printer!
HP Recommended
Same "does not boot anymore" problem.  Tried previous mentioned things to do - no luck.  Bought a L7780 - hope this lasts longer than 3 years like the 7410.  If anyone does come up with a cure, I'd like to hear, still have the 7410 just in case it's fixable.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem and fixed it. I had to open up the printer and remove one of the cables, but now everything is working great. I wrote a full walkthrough with pictures on my blog. Please check it out. I really hope this works for everyone that is having the same problems. I was so angry about this!!!

Here is the link!

http://larrycrazyness.blogspot.com/2009/01/hp-fixed.html

Make sure to leave a comment with suggestions and let me know if this worked for you! 

HP Recommended

HP should give you a job!  Your trick worked on my 7410, I can live without the wireless part of the printer.

Thanks for sharing your extensive research into this problem, hopefully others will catch your tip and get their 7410 working again.

HP Recommended

Hey, did work, perfect!

Many thanks.

HP Recommended
Frustrated when this happened 3 days ago. I have a 7310 at another office with similar issues, will have to try this. I build my own systems from ground up, on personal computers since 1981. This solution took me 5 minutes and solved all problems. I found a small screwdriver from my set that goes all the way down to eyeglass size, worked well with a little force to get the 2 screws out. Instructions on link work perfect and pictures very accurate of workflow. THANK YOU!
HP Recommended
Thanks for restoring my printer. A great fix for those willing to follow the clear instructions.

Hallelujah!

JP Malone
HP Recommended

I am tech support for my company and have to do some things remotely. When a client had this same problem with their 7410 I had to try to help fix it over the phone. After a while on different forums and sites I was being pointed in the direction of having them replace the machine since HP no longer supports the product. I was just about to give up when I saw this thread and followed the link to Larrycrazyness' blog and found the fix. It was very nice to have a detailed explanation and screen shots so I could walk the client through the steps of fixing the machine.

The person that I was helping was admittedly a non-tech person but was able to complete the fix with no issues.

Thank you for your research and attention to detail in this fix. You helped me save my client a lot of money which is very appreciated in today's economy.

HP Recommended
The recommend fix does not work for my 7410

The fault can be described as follows
- The power supply is plugged in
- The LCD colour screen displays an HP invent screen
- A progress bar wipes 3 times
- The screen goes black after 30 seconds

I have changed power supplies
- removed the duplex unit
- Removed the bottom sheet feeder
- The printer was not plugged into a USB or ethernet port

I have tried the following fixes
- # and 3 at startup
- Removing the cable as shown here http://larrycrazyness.blogspot.com/2009/01/hp-fixed.html

Still the problem persists ..

Any other ideas would be great!!

Thank you
Miles
HP Recommended
Does the boot process cycle or does the screen just go black after and not reset? What I did to find the wireless cable fix was to open the whole printer and unplug each wire one at a time. It was a real pain, and the board and all of the wires are pretty difficult to get at, but you could try something like that, especially if there is no other hope for the printer and you aren't quite ready to shell out a couple hundred bucks to get a used printer from HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.