Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet MFP M725
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi Guys, i have the same error on my printer, HP error 99.09.62.  can u please email me the service pin so i can complete this??

Thank u

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Most likely a failed harddrive. You do not need the service pin to deal with this. Shut down the printer, power on, watch the HP logo closely and when you see a line start under the logo, touch the logo. This will take you to the preboot menu from there go Administrator>diagnostics and run the diagnsotics tests. It should tell you what is wrong, in this case it is 99% the harddrive. If you are not concerned about encrypted data you can use any 2.5" sata harddrive in place of the Self encrypting drive installed as stock by HP.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet MFP M725

HP error 99.09.62

require service pin please

HP Recommended

Most likely a failed harddrive. You do not need the service pin to deal with this. Shut down the printer, power on, watch the HP logo closely and when you see a line start under the logo, touch the logo. This will take you to the preboot menu from there go Administrator>diagnostics and run the diagnsotics tests. It should tell you what is wrong, in this case it is 99% the harddrive. If you are not concerned about encrypted data you can use any 2.5" sata harddrive in place of the Self encrypting drive installed as stock by HP.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.