Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iMAC
macOS 10.14 Mojave

After getting a new iMac with Mojave in August and setting up my HP LaserJet 500 I keep getting the same pop up window from the managed software center showing me the updates I have already installed. I have seen this on several forums and tried numerous things but cannot make it stop. I would appreciate any tips to end this complete, irresponsible madness.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

"Managed Software Center" is not an HP product or part of the print software.

Are you in a managed environment where IT is using Munki to distribute print drivers and software?

Managed Software Center is Munki's "app store" for managed environments.  If that is the case you should probably contact your IT department as there is a mismatch between what they are offering and what you have installed.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

"Managed Software Center" is not an HP product or part of the print software.

Are you in a managed environment where IT is using Munki to distribute print drivers and software?

Managed Software Center is Munki's "app store" for managed environments.  If that is the case you should probably contact your IT department as there is a mismatch between what they are offering and what you have installed.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Thank you, I was not aware of that, I will check with our IT to see if this can be resolved!

HP Recommended

This was indeed a Munki issue that was finally resolved by our IT, thanks for your input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.