Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

HI!!

I just got the HP office jet pro 8600..  I have a macbook pro using os x 10.8.2.  The printer automactically prints 2 sided.  I have no options to change this on my laptop thru System Preferences, Print & Scan, and then options for my printer.

Please help me figure out how to turn of 2 sided printing!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'll answer my own question. I finally called HP Support after I had struggled to resolve this issue myself. The technician install the drive for the HP Laserjet 8040 printer, saying this configuration works well for my 8600 printer. He did the installation for me, and now I am one happy camer!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello sandi3beach,

What is your printer's model or product number?  There are several "Officejet Pro 8600" printers.  Once I know which printer you have, I can send the info you need.

Thanks!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and use a macbook pro and am using OS X version 10.8.4. and all of the sudden, my printer only prints double sided. I went through my printer preferences and setup menu, I went to the printer "webpage" though HP utility, I tried to use the controls on the printer pane. I have found nothing that will allow me to turn off doule sided printng.

Please Help

Thank you

HP Recommended
Use follow the steps below in order to disable two-sided printing:

1. Open the application that you are trying to print from. On the file menu, select "Print." The print dialog box will open.
2. In the in the print dialog window, you will see an option next to "Copies", which is the checkbox for Two-Sided. Uncheck the box.
3. Click the drop-down box that lists the name of the program.
4. Select "Layout" from the drop-down menu.
5. Set the Two-Sided option as Off.
6. If you wish to save these settings for future use, click Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset.

I hope that helps. If it doesn't, just let me know and I will see what else I can do to help resolve your issue. 

Best of luck,
Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have the opposite problem. I'm also using a MacBook Pro and when I try to print from Acrobat, no such check box for double sided printing exists. I am using OS X 10.8.5.

How do I enable duplex printing?

HP Recommended

Hi zebrasign,

Are you able to 2 sided print from other programs? Take a look at the image below, we want to make sure the driver settings are correctly selected as well.

For instructions to ensure the driver settings are correct, click here > Printing on Both Sides of the Paper (Duplexing) in Mac. If the issue is limited to Acrobat then you may need to contact Adobe.

Let me know if this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I opened the print screen and there was no double sided print option in the box. I have search everywhere in the system and cannot get rid of the double sided printing. Please help.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  Running a MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.4 with an HP Office Jet Pro N911A.  The darn thing will NOT stop printing double sided.  Trying to print an Excel file. Here is what I've tried.

1. Print > Copies & Pages - No double sided option to check or uncheck there.

2. Print > Layout > Changing the Two Sided option from Long-Edge binding to Off - This doesn't work

3. System Preferences > Print Scan > OfficeJet Pro 8600 > Options & Supplies - Nothing to change

4. Printing B/W instead of color - Still double sided

5. Saving it as a PDF.  Tried to print that way too...still double sided. (4&5..sorry, I was desparate so I tried anything)

I don't really know what else to do here.  All I know is that I can't print one sided pages.  PLEASE help!!

HP Recommended

The instructions provided do not work.  The option for the double sided printing is DEFINITELY not there.  Please advise how to fix this!

HP Recommended

I see comment after comment begging you to tell us how to turn off duplex printing.  Please don't tell me click the "duplex" button because there is none.  Come on guys.  Fix this thing!

By the way, I running Mac OSX10.9.3 with Word for Mac.

Why is this option on the Printer itself? 

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.