Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Pro M477

The paper is jammed where it comes out of the printer and above the last point above the back door

Can only reach fragments of it and not able to pull anything out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion about feed roller.com for a manual.  Had to look for awhile but I found a manual that shows how to repair the printer for $1 download of pdf file.  It is 3000 pages with great pictures for taking the printer apart and replacing everything.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is one pain point with this engine. The only safe way to remove the jam is to disassemble the printer and remove the fuser. Your best course of action if you are going to attempt this yourself is to check feed roller.com to see if they have a service manual available for sale. The whole disassembly procedure is not really suited to this type of forum.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I found a video on the HP site for this computer that showed the paper path through the various rollers.  This showed me what the problem area was.   When I tried to pull the sheet of paper out from the back, it tore.  When I tried to pull the top of the sheet out from the top of the roller area it tore.  With long tweezers I managed over a couple of hours to gradually pull all of the sheet out small pieces at a time.  It printed okay from then on.  Except I tried to run the clean roller program from the menu.  The paper jammed again.  I found that pulling the sheet out from the back had to be done carefully.  Being sure not to tear the sheet by pulling straight out from the back of the printer with both hands.  I tried to learn how to disassemble the fuser to get the sheet out.  But so far have not found out how to disassemble the printer to get sheets of paper out.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion about feed roller.com for a manual.  Had to look for awhile but I found a manual that shows how to repair the printer for $1 download of pdf file.  It is 3000 pages with great pictures for taking the printer apart and replacing everything.

HP Recommended

Can you PLEASE send a link to the document you located???  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.