Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

In other forums they tell you how to resize a copy, but I can't find what they say should be on my printer. I am thinking that my printer is different and does not have the fetures these other forums are talking about. I want to know if it is even possible to resize copies on my specific model : HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - N911a

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again modell7,

I am happy to hear that we were able to get this issue resolved for you.

Thank you for the kind words as well. 

If it isn't to much trouble, please click on the Accept As Solution on the bottom of my post so that others can take advantage of these troubleshooting steps.

It has been a pleasure working with you and please feel free to write me back at any time with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Have a great day.

Cheers,      :OpenSmile:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello modell7,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you would like some instructions on how to re size a copy.

Here is a link in the for the User Guide that will give you the instructions you are looking for. Once in the User Guide, go to the Copy section and you will see how to change the copy settings.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to write me back.

Cheers,    :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I looked in the manual before I posted. It does not go into any detail about changing the size of the copies. It just tells you to select resize. The problem I have is that when you select resize it only shows a picture of a page with 100% at the top of it and the words actual size at the bottom. There is nothing to scroll on the sides and when you touch the picture it just goes back to the resize selection. I don't know if this means that there is no other selection than actual size or if it is happening because I am not touching the screen properly. The manual only tells you to select the resize it says no more than that. Other people make a person feel stupid for asking because they assume that the printer is the same as theirs, when I think that some printers, possibly mine, don't have a resize feature, but only has a selection of actual size. But I really want to be able to change sizes of my copies if my printer has that capability. If it doesn't I would like to know that also. But it seems that even people who work for HP don't know if the specific printer I have does or doesn't have that capability. One man described how exactly my printer is and was made fun of by a responder, because I think that it was assumedby that responder that the man's printer and the responders printer were the same, when it is possible that the 8600 is the same, but the model number determines the features it contains and does not contain. So I woulld very much like to know how to find out if my printer , which is a N911a has any other selection for copy size beside " Actual Size" or not and the manual doesn't tell me that. So how do I find that out?

HP Recommended

Hi modell7,

Please try the following steps.

Press copy and go to the settings menu.

In the Setting menu use the right arrow to the Re-size menu.

Use the right arrow again until you see Custom Size.  From here you will be able the adjust the percentage using the up and down arrows on the screen.

I hope this is the information that you are looking for and I do apologize for the confusion.

Thanks for your time.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so very much! I can see why I and the man I mentioned in my post above didn't know what to do after we got to the screen that showed the "Actual size" icon. We were being told to use the scroll down on the right to get to the "Resize" option,  so we both thought there would be a scroll down to get to the diffent sizes. When you said what you did, my first reaction was that it would result in the same thing as what I had done before, but then I saw the white arrow to the right for the first time because you weren't telling me to scroll down you were telling me to use the  "Right Arrow". This goes to show that if there is one tiny detail left out, someone could miss how to do something just because they were concentrating on following the details that were given. Everyone's thought process works differently and maybe we as forum sharers should keep that in mind when someone doesn't understand something after the first, second, third, or fourth etc. time it is shared. If they are not understanding it, maybe sharing one more detail would be the very help they would need! Thank you again, I am very grateful to know one more thing about this printer, that I have thoroughly enjoyed since the day I first used it! I am very grateful that it does what I am used to my HP printers doing in the area of resizing my copies!!!!

HP Recommended

Hello again modell7,

I am happy to hear that we were able to get this issue resolved for you.

Thank you for the kind words as well. 

If it isn't to much trouble, please click on the Accept As Solution on the bottom of my post so that others can take advantage of these troubleshooting steps.

It has been a pleasure working with you and please feel free to write me back at any time with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Have a great day.

Cheers,      :OpenSmile:

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I saw this question on the forum, but I don't see the answer. PLEASE tell me how. I may have to return this printer to the store.

HP Recommended

Hello Melodyhope,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having some issues when it comes to resizing a copy. 

If the steps that I have outlined in this thread are not working for you or if you are unable to see the steps on your printer, please write me back with the exact model number of your printer.

I will be happy to help.

Please respond with your printers Model Number.   Please click on the link the explains How Do I Find My Model Number?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,   :LaughingTears:

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Go to the copy screen and then press the settings, which is the little gear in the left-hand corner at the bottom of the screen  Keep scrolling down until you see resize and then follow the arrow.  I didn't realize that symbol meant settings, so I wasted a lot of time!  Didn't do my disposition any good, either!

I imagine by now the questioners have found an answer, but perhaps this will help somebody else.

HP Recommended

Your instructions to resize a copy do not work

I went to resize then customize then 50% 

Then back to copy and it copied at 100%

Hopeless!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.