Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My HP LaserJet Printer P1005 connected to MacBook Pro went offline, trying to reset it I accidentally pressed (-), printer got deleted, how can I add it back. The printer is not listed in Printers settings. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sky25, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below to add the printer-

1. If your printer is connected to your Mac with a cable, disconnect the cable from your Mac.
  2. Turn off your printer.
  3. Get software updates for your Mac. Your Mac automatically downloads the latest software for most printers as part of these updates
  4. Reconnect your printer to your Mac, if applicable.
  5. Turn on your printer and wait for it to finish starting up.
  6. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
  7. Select your printer in the list of devices.
  8. If your printer doesn't appear in the list of devices in Printers & Scanners preferences, click +  at the bottom of the list, then choose the command to add a printer or scanner.

Alternatively, download and install HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for OS X from here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.