Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Enterprise M607n
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hello everyone

I didn't know the admin password for HP LaserJet Enterprise M607n. Can you help me to reset it ?
thank you very match.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hello Mans

The link of video is for a tactil printer and i have a HP LaserJet Entreprise M607 doesn't has a tactil screen.

I found a solution to reset the administrator password.
you must press the (X) key when starting the printer, a blue screen is displayed, you choose administrator then clear PWD.
In fact my idea was to reinistialize the maintenance kit but I understood after that the fuser which contains the reset card.

Do you know how to reset the card without changing fuser kit?

thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@aminux 

Hello,

Restore factory settings from the printer control panel:

NOTE: Restoring factory settings sets most of the printer settings to their factory defaults. However, some
settings are not changed, such as language, date, time, and some network configuration settings.
  1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, open the Settings menu.
  2. Open the following menus:
    • General
    • Reset Factory Settings
  3. Select Reset.
    A verification message advises that completing the reset function might result in loss of data.
  4. Select Reset to complete the process.
    NOTE: The printer restarts automatically after the reset operation completes.

If that doesn't solve the issue, I have sent you a private message with instructions to reset the printer. Please only change the fields quoted in my private message. 
I ask you not to republish the procedure indicated in my PM in the public community and I thank you for doing so.

Afterwards I invite you to come back here.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hello mans

I follow the instructions in your PM but i can't see the permanent storage screen .

I can you give me other solution to resolve the problem thank you for all.

HP Recommended

@aminux 

Hello and thanks for your return,

Try it as shown in the video (non-HP) below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICHIxpgf02E

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

hello Mans

The link of video is for a tactil printer and i have a HP LaserJet Entreprise M607 doesn't has a tactil screen.

I found a solution to reset the administrator password.
you must press the (X) key when starting the printer, a blue screen is displayed, you choose administrator then clear PWD.
In fact my idea was to reinistialize the maintenance kit but I understood after that the fuser which contains the reset card.

Do you know how to reset the card without changing fuser kit?

thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

@aminux 

Hello and thanks for your return,

In this case, try the first procedure that you sent in PM again, but this time let the press at the bottom of the screen where the house is located.

Note: Please press and hold the bottom of the control panel screen (in the middle) where the home is located.

This should allow you to reset the printer.

In case of need, do not hesitate to contact us.

Cheers,:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.