Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sky_Hye
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is CC530A (HP 304A) toner -black- _carbon_ pigment based?

CC530A (HP 304A) toner -- black cartridge

I need to laser print using a carbon black pigment toner, or other permanent black _pigment_ toner.

Currently, the only printer at work is a LaserJet CP2025 Series Model CB495A

• Does the CC530A or HP 304A toner (black) use _carbon pigment_ ?
  • Are the CC530A and HP 304A toners the exact same product?
  • If the black is a pigment, but not made with carbon, what is the pigment?
5 REPLIES 5
Level 11
Level 11
3,565 3,551 354 742
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can search the HP website for the MSDS sheets which will list major components. Less than 6% of the toner composition on this model is carbon black.

http://h22235.www2.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/ljmsdsuseng.html?jumpid=i...

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Sky_Hye
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Repairatrooper,

<6% is not much. Is the black mainly due to dye, then? I see no mention of other pigment, such as iron oxide, in the MSDS sheet. And I see no mention of dye.

Do you know if the CC530A and HP 304A cartridges are the exact same black toners?

0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
3,565 3,551 354 742
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the majority of the toner is plastic in new printers. You need to look for an older Laserjet 4000 series to get higher carbon black %.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
26,393 26,117 4,659 10,260
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For your other question @Sky_Hye, CC530A and HP 304A are the exact same cartridge, one is the cartridge name and the other is its SKU number:

https://store.hp.com/in-en/default/hp-304a-black-original-laserjet-toner-cartridge-cc530a.html

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Sky_Hye
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Shlomi.

To all, the people at work have been claiming that ColorSphere toners are archival, although I cannot find reference to this in specifications.

• Assuming the paper is non-acidic and protected from damage, how many decades will print from the least permanent of the [probable] dyes in these toners remain unaltered in hue and opacity?
  • How long will the black dye remain unaltered?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation