Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I need to install a HP LaserJet M1132 MFP on a home desktop PC which is running Windows 7 64-bit. Last time I installed this printer on an old laptop running XP no problem. Now I first downloaded the drivers from the HP website LJM1130_M1210_Full_Solution and this LJM1130-M1210-XPS-win64-en. I followed the instructions but at some point the driver needs the printer to be connected. The printer comes out as a unknow device. It can’t install the built in drivers and I get:  Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. :smileyindifferent:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I solved It .... Omg i have long cable. It was 3 metres but printer works only with xp and vista but with win7 works only cable which is less  than 2 metres long.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Yellmoo

Do you still need help resolving your problem? If so have you tried the printer on a different computer, USB port, or USB cable? Based on the Device Code you provided it seems obvious there is a problem, but lets see if we can isolate the problem.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hello i from Slovak republic so sorry for my english

I have very big problem with my new printer LaserJet M1132 MFP. I bought it 4 days ago and it still not work. When I connect printer with computer smart installer doesnt work. Usb was writting error code(10) and printer was not recognized. When I open smart installer (not automaticly i have to find it) it didn´t work too. It was writting that file not exist so i can´t open it. When I disconnected printer and tried Cd  it didn´t  work . When installer asks me to connect printer i do it but signs on priter (for example number of copies) start flashing and one time it writes number of copies and second time it writes HP and it is still connecting and disconnecting printer. I coud hear the sound of connected and disconnected USb (like "dududu...") i really dont know what to do please help me... I tried printer on another computer with same cable and it worked... i tried another printers on my computer and they worked perfectly ... i have problem only with this one... could you help me??? My operating system is win 7 /64bit ... I tried to download new driver but i think that main problem isn´t there...  USB ports working perfectly ...

I am really sorry for my english and I hope that you help me thanks for willingness

HP Recommended

I solved It .... Omg i have long cable. It was 3 metres but printer works only with xp and vista but with win7 works only cable which is less  than 2 metres long.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am from Slovakia as well. I start to worry that there is some HP printer's lot that was damaged and sold in Slovakia on purpose..

Got Laptop Toshiba Win 7 64bit, connected the M1132MFP and installed on short cable (with problems of finding the best cable only).

I am disappointed that HP does not provide cables because I spend over 20 EUR on replacing/searching best cable and I would kick HP's balls for this. Like I have nothing else to do but search for cable all day long !

My current issue

Similarly like the poster here (SLovak - what coincidence !) I tried to install the printer on Desktop PC with Windows 7 64bit again. Failed with same cable. Only scanner is being found and installed. 

If I connect the printer via USB to PC, it pops up dialogue to start HP Smart INstall but during installation and part of "Installing Drivers" the blue progress bar goes to the end and starts over as it had not ending and after few "progress bar ends" the dialogue of "There was a problem during installation: please connect printer to PC, or turn off/on printer" shows. 

Sure, I tried that several times. Nothing helped. Then I thought it might be cable, changed few of them (all under 2m and well isolated).

Then I thought it might be motherboard's low voltage on USB panel. Well, I tried to disconnect Razor USB mouse to ensure more voltage goes into it. Fail. 

I tried the Roccat Active Hub . Fail.

I am getting so annoyed. When I called to HP support, the lady told me to contact authorized HP centre for spare parts. They sent me gendly away as they don't know what the best cable is - I should buy this elsewhere (LOL?)

The printer works on the notebook ! It prints, it scans! If I had way to install this driver without a need for printer to be connected it might solve the issue.

I am start to hate this brand solely on this one experience. I am seeking help here because I am growing very anxious. THE PRINTER WORKS on notebook, why would I want it replaced and wait for it for over a week? 

HP Recommended
Updated the newest firmware via the laptop., tried the hP smart install again. Fail.
HP Recommended

hello

I am also from Slovakia.

i have the same problem with this printer. I tried two different USB cables from older HP printer but it did not work.

I tried install softver but USB plug n play detection did not work. HP utitlity did not start at all. I tried it on other computer but it did not work.

HP Recommended

Are you able to print or scan at all using this printer?  If you need help trying to get it to install I will be happy to help.  I just need to know the operating system of the computer you are using.  

Let me know if you need any more assistance. 🙂

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

what conected M1132

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.