Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet M607
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When trying to print to one of our M607s via USB we get the following error 

The connection was interrupted, it is possible that not all the data for the print job was received. To print he job as it was received, select "Print", or wait for more data to be received.

I select print and the job prints completely. If I leave it alone for about 5 minutes the job prints, or if I disconnect the USB cable it prints. There's no issues when printing over the network. 

Is there a setting I can change to override the wait time, or ignore this error completely? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would assume the USB connection on the PC or the printer is loose or damaged.

Review and reseat the USB cable on both ends.  Make sure it is plugged in and secure without any additional wiggle room.

Then open Device Manager and watch the list for a few minutes while you print.  Device Manager automatically refreshes when it looses a hardware connection to a USB connected printer.  If your USB connection is bouncing up and down, then you know the problem is the physical connection and can focus on that area.

if the problem is isolated to the USB cable on either end then swap the cable and try again.  Next try different USB ports on the PC as the printer only has one.  Test the same USB ports on the PC with other devices to make sure its not the PC USB port.

Worst case scenario you would need to service the USB port on the back of the printer.  This is a relatively simple repair if you are comfortable working on PCs and soldering.  Otherwise its a quick trip to a local PC repair shop to ask for a quote.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Try turning off Windows 10 print management.  It does not always perform as promised.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.