Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My customer has a P4014 that is jamming. Their complaint to me was that when printing from Tray 2 it would jam under the toner cartridge. When I went to look at it, I confirmed the jam by running a single Paper Path Test page, saw that the display said 13.01 and that the paper stopped about 2" past the tranfer roller and there wasn't any image on the page. I confirmed that the drum was rotating.

I decided to try printing a single Paper Path Test page from Tray 1 to help isolate the issue but also got the 13.01 jam. This time, though, Tray 1 would feed 2 blank pages through then the 3rd blank page stopped half way through the fuser.

I can't rule out that these might be two separate issues. I wasn't able to talk to the end user to see if they even use Tray 1.

I'm most concerned with the Tray 2 jams. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found a vendor that would sell me a kit they called a Feeder Assembly. HP doesn't sell this part. It contained the feed roller assembly, the registration assembly, three different sensors and contacts for the power supply, all mounted on the transfer roller housing/frame. It was a major pain to replace (took over 2 hours because I had to separate the frame), but it fixed the issues from both Tray 1 and 2.

Here's a picture of the old feeder assembly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I found a vendor that would sell me a kit they called a Feeder Assembly. HP doesn't sell this part. It contained the feed roller assembly, the registration assembly, three different sensors and contacts for the power supply, all mounted on the transfer roller housing/frame. It was a major pain to replace (took over 2 hours because I had to separate the frame), but it fixed the issues from both Tray 1 and 2.

Here's a picture of the old feeder assembly.

HP Recommended

Can you tell me the vendor you found this part from?  I've searched high and low and can't find anybody who sells something similar.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.