Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Laserjet P1102 printer which was previously connected to an old HP Windows 7computer  which worked perfectly but after having recently upgraded my computer to an HP all in one on Windows 10, I have been experiencing issues with the P1102 printer.

IInitially, the computer could not find the printer even though it was connected via a USB so I manually put it in, updated all the drivers and then the HP Print and Scan doctor did a diagnostic and found nothing amiss with the printer.

It is almost as though the printer 'forgets' what it is printing if there is more than one job in the pipeline, if this makes sense.  

The issue I am having is that prints fine if I print only one page, or multiple pages of the same print job but if I try to print different pages, one after the other, in quick succession,they either come out as blank pages or the page comes out with a small part of page one on the top and page 2 on the rest of the page.  

Where it is causing me a big issue is that I run payroll and have to print off three different reports, previously I have set them to print one after the other and they have come out with no problems but now, report one gets merged into report 2 and report 3 comes out as  a blank page.  This has only occured since connecting this printer to the new computer.  If I print report 1, wait until the paper is halfway through the priner and then set report 2 to print, there is no issue but I don't want to have to wait to do it like this . Unfortunately, I can't reconnect to the old Windows 7 computer to check anything as I no longer have it.

Any suggestions as to how I might rectify this would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Pauline

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @pdud – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues with your LaserJet printer. I will certainly do my best to help you!

Going through your post the issue seems to be with the printer drivers. I would recommend a clean install to fix this issue. Here are the steps:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-11/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v... to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @pdud – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues with your LaserJet printer. I will certainly do my best to help you!

Going through your post the issue seems to be with the printer drivers. I would recommend a clean install to fix this issue. Here are the steps:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-11/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v... to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, the problem was with the drivers as you suggested and having followed all your steps, the printer is now working properly.

Many thanks for your help.

Pauline

HP Recommended

Hello again.

Further to the problem I had with my printer, it has been working perfectly since I reinstalled the drivers but since Microsoft did one of the enforced updates yesterday, basically highjacking my machine, the problem with the printer has resurfaced.  It is now running really slow again and basicaly not printing every page.

Can I just re-install the drivers again or will I have to go through all the previous steps of removing all the previous drivers from the machine before reinstalling?

Is this something that is going to happen everytime Microsoft does an update do you know.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

your suggested solution did not work for me

HP Recommended

I do not understand how to use this forum and give credit to the individual DVortex

Where is accepted solution????  to Post?   Is there an idiot's guide for use and communicating with this forum?

I had spent dozens of hours trying to resolve the printing issue ----- until trying the procedure suggested by DVortex!!!

There was more to the procedure than outlined. I would be interested in being able to communicate with DVortex on  a :one -to-one: basis.

Woody2019

HP Recommended

I have a new laptop and easily connected my M254dw (automatically!) but my 1102w, which we are using with other computers wirelessly, is not connecting to my laptop.  I have removed it, and the drivers, and reinstalled as per HP instructions, and it says it needs "User Attention" - it doesn't say what.  Print and scan Doctor finds it, and displays its correct network address, but claims it can't connect to it.  HP Smart reports its status as "Active" with the correct network address, etc.  But it says it is "Unavailable." When I try to print is reports that it is offline, which of course it isn't since I can print from another computer.  I've tried clearing the queue, deleting the drivers and removing and reinstalling the printer (which it does) but it will not accept a print job.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.