Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-19-2021 09:16 PM - edited 02-01-2021 06:13 AM
Ok, so here's the dummy version. I hope it helps someone.
As described elsewhere in this post, turn on FTP in your printer.
Be sure your computer and your printer are on the same network.
Connect your printer to your network and find it's IP address.... perhaps in your routers DHCP table. Write that down. Probably like 192.168.#. ##
Locate and download the needed firmware version, rename it to something easy to transcribe like, hpupdate.rfu and then cut and paste that renamed file into your hard drive's C: drive area (there is less folders to note in the path later) literally it'll be C:\hpupdate.rfu
1) click on the windows start button
2) type cmd and press enter
3) When the command prompt dialoge box comes up, type this CD\ and press enter
4) C: (the C: should then appear now)
5) at the C: type FTP and then your printers IP address you found earlier: FTP 192.168.#.## and press enter.
6) Press enter again, bypassing user name
7) Press enter again, bypassing password
The FTP command prompt will then replace the C: looking like this FTP>
9) At the FTP prompt that is there put your file's location in there and press enter as below.
FTP> PUT C:\hpupdate.rfu
10) The rest should take care of itself, you should see your printer updating, etc.
go back into your settings and turn off the FTP option. Make changes to updates as necessary to other update settings.
email me at gleasondjataoldotcom
02-01-2021 06:11 AM - edited 02-01-2021 06:14 AM
If you’ve got the firmware on your C drive below Windows folder, Users folder, program files folder etc, then it’s just a matter of being sure you’re giving the right location for it.
in my instructions, it looks like I failed to include a backslash on the bottom example. I’ve edited it.
02-14-2021 12:42 AM - last edited on 03-06-2021 03:06 PM by MarcusC
Install following direction
(use Method four: Update the firmware at the control panel using a USB connection)
(also make sure you don't have space in the printer or computer name referred to in the direction)
03-06-2021 03:01 PM - last edited on 03-06-2021 03:15 PM by MarcusC
[personal information removed]I just put my Printer on Network and the firmware update this morning. Now My printer is not functional anymore with the toner I have at the moment.
HP COLOR LASERJET MFP M180nw
Thanks a lot