Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP CLJ M750

I am an HP resseller who has sold many of the M750 printers to various clients because of the 11 x 17 feature. I went to service one of these machines last week that was producing horizontal lines on the page. I immediately knew it was the Transfer Belt because all of the M750’s I have sold are having the same issue and the defects all look the same.

Looking at the life of the belt, it shows 90% life left and as a result, I am starting to notice a trend with this model. Other clients have started having issues when the belt still has 60%, 70% and 80% life left. It is very frustrating because these belts are close to $275 cost, $359 for the client. I have replaced an OEM belt in this machine and 1 month later the client is calling with the same issue.

Instead of the auger spring in the waste hopper pulling the excess toner into the bottle as it should, the toner builds up in the waste hopper at the end of the belt. Once the hopper fills up, then come the quality defects. I typically just vacuum the waste hopper and the belt will run for a week, sometimes two but there is never a gaurantee that it will last even that long. I have had clients call two days later stating that the problem had returned. With this particular client, I vacuumed just last week and it returned this week. To make matters worse, this is an MPS client so we are paying for the belt when it fails, not the client because it’s under contract. To only get 10% out of a belt that cost $300 is criminal or just a really crappy design. I know this is a known issue with this model but their has to be a workaround. I am currently just vacuuming it out once a week to keep them going but I should not have to do this to get full use out of the part.

Has anyone else dealt with this same issue and figured out a solution? If so, I would be in your debt if you would be so kind as to share 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See this video i have share on youtube https://youtu.be/LX6JcAvuZ6w

so I have take small pcs of wire like clip and i roll on spring and apply super grue so that it cannot shift its position.

Samson Joel, Shiftech Mwanza,
Visit Serengeti and Ngorongoro the best of the best 🙂 .

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Same issue happen to M750 , How  I solve this problem by making spring to be not smooth,

what I dd to find problem I remove gear that rotate spring I check the wast toner was there full I try to rotate spring and found it was just sliding on waster tonner so I make spring rough then I try to rotate result was good, then i found issue on the place where waster tonner drop also it was buildup some tonner and block  so i put small wire on spring on top of the waster tonner drop door so it was add some extra push on toner to keep drop even if sometonner build up and block the path.

sam from E.africa Tanzania Mwanza

Screenshot_20200202_235800_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

UPDATED VIDEO THAT SHOW CLEAR WHAT I DID

https://youtu.be/LX6JcAvuZ6w

HP Recommended

That is great info. I will definitely try this and let you know how it goes. Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Known issue, manually empty bin and also ensure that the printer is level that the back where the waste bin is is lower than the front to help move toner. Updates in firmware were supposed to fix as well.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Question, can you show me what you did on the spring for the toner door?

HP Recommended

See this video i have share on youtube https://youtu.be/LX6JcAvuZ6w

so I have take small pcs of wire like clip and i roll on spring and apply super grue so that it cannot shift its position.

HP Recommended

You are the best! I have been trying to get an answer to this for 2 years now. I even spoke with someone high up at HP and they were trying to find an answer to the question. He would call me every couple of months to tell me that he couldn't get anyone at HP that was familiar with how to resolve. He finally stopped calling. Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution,

All the best. 

HP Recommended

You too.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I did what you recommended with roughing the spring with sandpaper. I actually used a dremmel tool and it did a great job. I am still unsure what you did on the tension spring for the door. How do you or what do you do to strengthen that spring. I know the one that is there is really flimsy but not sure what you replace it with. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.